The Healer of my History

As my plane landed in Los Angeles, I smiled to myself. This my my life now. My new life. I was excited to get to my apartment. I will be living on the main floor. There is only 2 floors, with an apartment on top and one on bottom. I walked off of the plane and looked at the large airport room, full with everyone. I saw a guy in a taxi uniform with a sign that says Skylah Alexander. I smiled and walked up to him.

"Skylah?" He asked me.

"Yes." I answered and got Into the taxi.

"Where you going?"

"34th street, please."

I stepped out of the taxi in front of my apartment. I was shocked of how glorious it looked! I walked in the entrance door. There was a stair case for the upstairs apartment. There wasn't any door downstairs so I walked up the stairs. There was a laundry room and a two doors down the hall.

I saw two guys doing laundry, and right when I walked in they both looked at me. One of the boys had a white tank top on with dark blue jeans, while the other had a dark red button up shirt and a not-too-light-not-too-dark jeans on.

"So you're the new girl?" The one in white asked me in a deep, slow voice.

I smiled and knew my big dimples on each cheek were showing. I put my long dark brown hair behind my ear.

"I suppose you could say that." I laughed.

He grinned a little bit and asked if I wanted to come over after I'm done unpacked.

"Sure! I didn't catch your name?" I said, more like a question though.

"I'm Dominic, but I go by Dom, mostly." The one in the white take top grinned again. He was very muscular.

"I'm Brian." The other told me.

"My sister lives here too. Her name is Mia. Brian and Mia are married." Dom smiled.

"Cool! I'll be over shortly! See you soon!" I smiled and started to reach for my suitcases.

"Here, I'll help you." Dom came over to me and picked up both my suitcases. "Is this all you have?" He asked.

"No, my older sister is bringing the rest of my things tomorrow, since the apartment is already furnished." I told him.

He didn't say anything back but he walked to my apartment door, which was directly across the hall from his.

"I bet you thought you'd be downstairs, didn't you?" He smiled.

"Yeah.. That's what the realtor told me!" I laughed.

"Don't believe nothing she says." He shook his head.

He set my suit cases down on the floor.

"I'll help you fix it up a little." He grinned.

"Okay." I smiled.

We started taking off the plastic on the furniture. The furniture was very nice. It had the tags still on everything so they were definitely new.

"So what do you do for fun?" He smiled at me.

"I used to race a little bit back in New York."

"Race? Cars?" He seemed interested.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"How old are you?"

"I just turned 24 a couple of weeks ago."

"Why did you move here?" He asked me.

"I didn't like living there much anymore. I wanted to do something different. Meet different people. Be something better" I smiled.

"You never told me your name." He smiled.

"Skylah Alexander. I go by Sky." I smiled back.

"Skylah... Unique name." He grinned.

"Thank you!" I giggled.

"So, you wanna check out some of my cars later?"

"Sure! I would love to! I think we're done here."

"Yeah. I'll introduce you to Mia, my sister."

We walked across the hall to his apartment and we walked inside.

"Hey Mia, this is Sky. She just moved in right across from us." Dom introduced us.

"Hi!! Anna told me so much about you moving in! I couldn't wait!" Mia hugged me.

"Hi!" I smiled and hugged her back. When she pulled away she looked at me like she had a girl idea with something to do with fashion and stuff.

"Your dimple! They're just adorable." She smiled.

"Thank you so much! I love my dimples!"

"I'm cooking breakfast, would any of you like some?" Mia asked us.

"No thank you. I ate before I came here."

Dom told Mia and Brian that we were going to Dom's shop.

We got to the shop and I saw a neon green car.

"This is the car I usually win with."

"Nice. My sister is bringing my car tomorrow morning. It's a bright blue mustang. Has 5 tanks of Nitro's in it. It's my baby." I laughed.

I bet they thought I didn't look like a badass racer girl because I wear girly clothes in a way. But when I race or I'm in a fast car I don't wear my nice clothes unless I have to. Right now, I have on a white tank top, a red and yellow plaid scarf, a jean jacket, skinny jeans, and boots. I look a lot like a teenager still.