Chapter One: The Auditions

Start from the beginning

"I failed miserably and now I'll never be able to be an actress which is my number one goal in life. I can't believe I didn't practice more." Emma was starting to get mad at herself. "What is wrong with me? I couldn't perfect a few simple lines!"

"Emma darling, you were amazing! The director treats everyone the same after their first audition. Plus, there will be many more auditions to go!" The woman opened her arms. Emma walked into them, feeling better.

Outside, she sat on a bench waiting for her parents to come pick her up. She saw the boy named Tom standing near a bus stop. Feeling a little confident, she walked up to him. "Sorry about earlier, I was just scared of not getting the part."

"I wouldn't worry if I were you, you did great. But they told me that maybe I should try for a different character. Apparently, they had found a perfect Harry already." He gave a weak smile. "So next week, I'm gonna go for Ron."

"What? Who's playing Harry?" Emma asked.

"I'm not sure. They didn't tell me, but I have a hunch it's that boy who went a few auditions before me. I believe his name is Daniel." Tom stroked his hair back.

Emma looked away, suddenly realizing she was staring at him. They talked about the auditions and the books before Emma had to leave.

A few more auditions later and auditions for Hermione had finished. She was one of many to have their name on the list of potential actresses. Although, Emma had an advantage. The author of Harry Potter, JK Rowling herself, picked Emma after seeing her audition tape. Of course, Ms. Rowling wasn't the casting director but Emma knew she had some influence.

She felt good.

This is it, Emma thought. Tomorrow, I will walk through those doors and meet the others cast members.

She smiled at the thought, but then she remembered Tom. He said he was going to audition for Ron Weasley after he was rejected for Harry Potter. If Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint were going to be Harry and Ron, then... what about Tom?

She suddenly had a horrible feeling in her stomach. What if she never saw him again? She would just have to wait until the next day to see who's playing who.

When Emma woke up the next morning, she jumped out of bed and got ready real fast. She gulped down breakfast, brushed her teeth and ran out the door of her house. She was already in the car when her parents walked out. The drive to the studio took a few minutes, but it felt like hours.

Finally, she saw the building. Emma said goodbye to her parents and rushed inside. There, she met the woman who had comforted her in the bathroom after her first audition. Her name was Martha. Martha greeted Emma and led her to a small room in the back. Inside, she saw two other boys and a camera crew. She got nervous again.

One of the boys had extremely dark brown hair and sky blue eyes. The other one was ginger and brown eyed. Ron, she thought. She sat down on a big chair next to them. All three of them greeted each other. The dark haired boy was Daniel Radcliffe and he was to play Harry. The ginger was Rupert and, like she assumed, was to play Ron.

Martha gave a pair of circular glasses to Daniel. He put them on and boy, did he look like Harry. Emma tried to imagine Tom in those glasses. She smiled, sadly. The camera crew started taking pictures of them. After that, they were led out of the room and to a large conference room. To her shock, Emma saw Tom! This time, his hair was blond.

Oh no. He's going to play Malfoy! She thought, lucidly. But Hermione and Malfoy don't like each other.

Tom caught her gaze and they smiled and waved to each other. Next to him, sat a small redheaded girl. She looked like she could be Rupert's little sister. Ginny. Emma shared smiles with her, too.

Emma was sat next to a thick boy with buck teeth and chipmunk cheeks. He introduced himself as Matthew Lewis and said he was playing Neville Longbottom. Emma ignored the fact that this boy had black hair, even though in the books, Neville was described to have blond hair.

The next few weeks consisted of nothing but traveling around London meeting people and paparazzi taking pictures of Emma, Daniel, and Rupert separately from the other cast members. During those weeks, she barely had time to talk to Tom. But it's okay because she and Dan and Rupert were best friends already. They were all she talked about when she was at home. It was a while before they started filming. Adults were getting casted for adult roles.

Emma was stunned when she found out Maggie Smith and Alan Rickman were going to be in the movie as Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape. Somehow, Dan already knew Maggie. After getting familiar with the entire casting, they were all ready to get filming. Filming started two days later but Emma wasn't to join in until day four when Hermione made her first appearance.

Emma never thought she would get this far. The set of the Great Hall in Hogwarts was mesmerizing. It was like seeing her favourite book of all time coming to life. The beautiful sight made her tear up. Dan also teared up, shamelessly. She liked Dan. He wasn't like the boys in her school. He wasn't afraid to show emotion. Emma had always wondered why crying was considered to be unmasculine.