Chapter 34 - Friends, right?

"I love you Alana. I want to spend every single minute I can with you. I want you to fall into my arms and stay there. I want to run to the top of the roof tops and scream that we are together and people need to accept that. We both need to accept that..."
"But Cam, the amount of damage we would cause and..."
"We go through it together? Right? From now on, we do nothing separate choice. Just the two of us, and nobody else to interrupt, right? Nobody else..."

"Erm, hello earth to Alana?" Katie says waving her hand in front of my face as if she was trying to snap me out of a spell or mesmerisation. I shake my head and snap back to reality, the real world. I look at her and smile, giving her a small smile.
"What is up with you today? Why are you acting so strange and mysterious? Are you hiding something from me?" She says all at once.
"How about, can you stop asking so many questions?" I shake my head and glance over to Cameron.

I keep dreaming about him. I'm physically and mentally drawn to him and I can't get enough of him. I struggled not being with him for a day, how can I cope for the rest of my life...

"Are you listening Alana?" Sir says. Everyone's eyes draw to me, like a mermaid luring in sailors. They all stare at me with fascination; even Cameron.
"Yes, perfectly well Sir. I don't have ears for nothing, right?" I say with a small smirk on my face. As he goes to speak the bell rings and everyone flies out, and I hide among the crowd. I scurry down the corridor, down the stairs, down the dark corridor and through those double doors to my tree. The place were I was once safe and protected, but now, it's just a sitting area, just a less known one.

"Where the hell have you been? What the hell are you doing? Why the hell did you snap at Sir? He only asked a -" Katie says storming out the doors and flooding me with all these questions at once.
"And why the hell are you asking so many questions?" I say sliding down from the tree and standing right in front of her. All of a sudden, sneakily Cam stands behind her, staring at me with his star gazed eyes. I cock my head to one side and he just smirks, and that's all he can manage, like that's all I could manage before.
"I need to speak to you," he says sternly.
"Well I don't want to speak to you," I say crossing my arms stubbornly. He looks laughs like he's up to something, and slides his snake hands into his pockets.
"You heard her so can you leave us alone please? This isn't your sitting area and I was trying to speak Alana myself so if you'd -" Katie says sternly to him. He looks entertained, like she's feeding him power, which is what he wants.
"So go ahead Kate, I wasn't stopping you," he hisses, then looks over at me,
"I want to speak to you, now."
"Well you know what I want? No, neither of you do. Well I want both of you, and I mean both of you, to leave me the hell alone." I feel myself tear up and all I can manage to do is start to thunder storm myself away. There were clouds already but Katie made thunder, and all Cam did was create lightening. Tension. Tension. Tension.

I walk through the school corridors quickly, shoving into people as tears pour down my face. People shouting likes like 'hey watch it' as I violently shove them out my way. I run into the girls toilets and make sure nobody's in there. There's a few people in. I want them out. I want power.
"Can you all please get out?" I say gulping nervously and looking at the floor. I look up slowly and stare at my melted reflection. Makeup melting down my face and red puffed eyes.
"I said everyone get out!" I scream as my tears flow heavier than they have before. They all run out scared, and to be honest, I'm scared of myself too. What have I become? What am I doing? Who am I?

The toilet door swings open and Katie stands there with her eyes all red and puffed too. She's also been crying, that's one thing that I can see clearly.
"Boys cry, cigarettes kill, parents lie, boats sink, flowers die, but you have to accept that life goes on Alana, with or without him." I continue staring at my reflection.
"You don't think I want to move on? You don't think I want to be able to cope without him? What do you think I'm trying to do? This is no fun and games Katie."
"Do you know what? I wish I never even bothered helping you." I take big gulp, swallowing hard and I turn towards her, raising an eyebrow,
"Then maybe you shouldn't." Then with that, I walk straight past her, nudging her shoulder as I walk out the toilet door and into the busy corridor. I sit outside the lockers, sliding my back against them, closing my eyes tight and having a break down of my own.

The corridor empty. The floor covered with skid marks of people's shoes. The walls looking old because of crumbling paint and dented lockers. No sound, except the sound of my heart and my sobs. I sit alone with my back against the lockers and my eyes shut, letting tears pour down my face like a waterfall. I suddenly hear footsteps and then I feel someone sit next to me. They speak,
"Alana, why don't I take you out for a little drive perhaps?" Kylie.
"I can't leave school, I've left too many times this week and if I get caught again then-"
"We won't get caught. I know how to do this." I can almost feel her smile in me, her sneaky little smirk that she makes when she knows a plan and that it works.