Chapter 2

I was walking down a street, still thinking about Rose. Seeing her again had broken down all of the careful barriers I had created in my mind to let me not think of her too much and move on with my life. Now she was all I could think about. I looked around and saw an alley way. For some reason, it caught my interest. I turned and strutted down the dark alley. A large KEEP OUT sign was plastered to a metal door. I smiled to myself and immediately tried to open the door. Locked, of course. I whipped out my sonic and unlocked it. It swung open and walked inside.

Inside, there were huge wooden crates. What could be inside of them? A million possibilities raced through my mind. I marched over to one and tried to open it with my sonic. But it simply refused to work.

"Aw, come on! It's just wood! Why won't you do wood?!" I asked my sonic screwdriver. "I have got to add a wood setting!"

The door I had came through opened again. I quickly ducked behind the crate. I peeked around the corner and barely managed to stifle a gasp. Or scream. One or the other. The human Doctor and Rose walked inside.

"What's in all of these crates?" Rose wondered.

"Why don't we find out?" Human Doctor smiled.

"Allons-y?" Rose laughed and kissed his cheek. Pain lashed through my hearts.

"Oi, did you hear that?" Human Doctor asked. Heard what? I wondered.

"I didn't hear anything." Rose replied, confused.

"It sounded like...a gasp of pain." He explained. Okay, so maybe the noise they heard was me after Rose...kissed him. I winced at the thought. "Who's there?" Human Doctor called out. Well, there's no use hiding, I thought.

"It's just me." I stepped out from behind the crate. "Hello again."

"Hi." Rose half waved at me. It was more of a finger twitch in my direction. "What're you doing here?"

"Same as you. Investigating!" I replied with a small smile.

"What have you 'investigated' so far?" She asked.

"I haven't been here much longer than you...but I figured out that the crates are definitely made of wood!" I announced.

"Uh huh." She looked at me with same expression as most people: slightly amused but mostly wondering if I was alright in the head.

"You couldn't open it?" Human Doctor asked.

"Uh, not exactly." I admitted. "But give me a few minutes-"

"I've got it." Human Doctor strutted to the large crate. He examined it for a few seconds, then pulled out a crowbar. How primitive. I judged. He managed to pry it off after a few good tugs.

"Why not use the sonic?" Rose asked.

"It won't work." I replied.

"How do you know?" She looked at me with that same expression. It hurt coming from her because she never used to look at me like that. She used to look at me...the way she looks at Human Doctor: with love and admiration. I missed that.

"Uh...lucky guess?" I shrugged.

"Uh oh..." Human Doctor said.

"What is it?" Rose sprinted to his side. I quickly followed.

The crate was filled with row upon row of silver metal suits. I recognized them instantly and the sight filled me with dread. Oh not again!

"No. It can't be!" Rose cried. She knew what they were.

"It is. Cybermen." Human Doctor spat out the word like it was a pear.

********************************

Author's note:

Okay it's finally posted! Sorry for the long wait. I hope this chapter satisfies and I'll get going on the next one ASAP!!! But summers a busy time of year and I'm leaving for Canada in a few days! I hope I don't make you wait as long for the next chapter...but I don't write to a schedule so it could be years! (Okay, probably not years...) uh, I gots nothing else to say so...bye!

-theDoctorswife13-