t w o

"I DON'T BELONG HERE "

>>>>

{your p.o.v.}

>>>>

The bed of flowers that you wake up on reminds you of the ones from your village. It's Frisk's favorite place, yours too. A little less, though. You've always gotten a sad and despairing feeling from there. It feels heavy and emotional. Frisk has never really shown that they've felt it, though.

You stand up on shaky legs. Everything is a little blurry. Something funny has happened to your ankle, you can't walk forward properly. But you limp along down a dark corridor and push through a large door. There's a lone golden flower sitting in the middle of the next room. A beam of sunlight shines through. Stepping closer, you realize that this flower has a face.

"Hello," you say awkwardly. There's no response. A rush of awkwardness and slight guilt floods through you. A flower, talking? Are you insane? Letting out a sigh, you decide that falling down here has already damaged your psyche. As you step around the flower to continue through the door at the far end of the room, you feel a small tug on your leg.

( c H a r A IS c O m I N g )

You feel a presence... a sin, perhaps, crawling on your back. But when you turn around, nobody is there. The presence is gone, and so is all feelings of malice. A sense of relief fills you, the feeling a person gets when they've just dodged a huge bullet.

Something feels strange here.

Different.

Off.

You walk through the door. Everything is silent. This isn't how you imagined the underground at all. Frisk has told you so many stories over the years. Stories of monsters greeting and welcoming humans with open arms. Monsters being friendly, almost human-like in many aspects. Even though you know Frisk might just be making up stories, there's a certainty in their tone that always rings true.

Like they know. They know how it will all end, and begin.

Sometimes you find yourself scared of Frisk.

You don't know why... they've never done anything to suggest they would hurt humans, and definitely not monsters.

You banish the thoughts about Frisk's mental state and continue deeper into the ruins. There's still nothing out there. Sometimes your vision will flicker but... nobody shows. There's a fierce emptiness all around. You call out, asking for help.

But nobody came, and after a while you give up.

Every time you'll turn, hearing whispers all around you. Echoes of the past seems to bounce off the walls and hit you. Stumbling quite a few times, you try and regain composure. Not that you ever had it to begin with.

At one point you enter a room and there's human blood splattered all over the walls. An unexplained horror grows within you... did Frisk do this? There's a bowl that's shattered on the floor. Ash is in piles on the floor.

No... it couldn't have been them.

But they're not dead, you'd know if they were.

Without thinking, you raise your hand and set it on the walls. This empathy you're feeling is not like anything you've ever felt before. You are not an empathetic person. The most you've ever gave someone is your sympathy. And sympathy to you is almost, "Hey, glad that didn't happen to me!"

This time though...

Empathy, "I can relate, and understand one's pain."

These monsters...