Chapter 1

"I used to know every constellation. How did I forget them all?" she asks, gazing lazily into the night sky.

"You're drunk. You need to go home," I sigh with my hands on my hips.

"Fine. Let me find my car," she says. She stumbles as she gets up from the bleachers.

"You're joking, right?" I ask, and she starts to giggle.

"Uh-oh. It's the fun police. I thought that ripper Stefan was supposed to be, the life of the party?" she asks, throwing up her arms, questioning why I care.

I squint my eyes at her stubborness, but ignore the question and say, "Alright, c'mon. I'm driving you home."

As I turn around, she makes her way to the edge of the bleachers and climbs over them so she is hanging slightly.

"What, are you 5? Get down," I order, still trying to hide my worry.

"Why? Are you afraid I'm gonna-" she says as she slips a bit, causing me to jerk forward and gasp, anticipating her to plummet to the ground. "Oh, that was close. Klaus would not be happy with you," she snickers and points at me.

"You're hilarious," I banter back at her, using the same tone.

"Look, Stefan, no hands," she says, taking her hands off of the railing, and falling just a little. I jerk forward and gasp again. She giggles and grabs onto the railing.

"CUT!" yells the director, snapping me back into reality. "Great work, you two! Everyone take five! We'll shoot the fall next!" he yells again.

Nina climbs back over the bleachers, and hops down them towards me. "That was intense, Paul," she says, smiling.

"As usual," I smile wide and bump her with my elbow.

As we walk towards the craft service truck to get some food, Nina turns to me and asks, "So how's Torrey?"

"Torrey? Oh, she's fine. She's been busy with shooting-" I pause.

"Pretty Little Liars," Nina says, finishing my sentence.

"Right," I smile at her and laugh at how out of it I am.

"What?" she asks, returning the smile.

"Nothing. How's Ian?" I change the subject.

"What do you mean? You saw him today! Didn't you?" Nina laughs, bumping into me with her shoulder.

"Yeah, I just shot some scenes with him, but still. There are things you know about him that I don't. Personal things," I smile as I look over at her. She smiles, and our eyes meet.

We stop walking.

Then Nina says, "There are also things I know about you that he doesn't," I stare into her eyes and then it's all gone. The truth, the worries, the possibilities; they disappear. All of the things keeping me from going after what I want. The things keeping me from Nina.

"Hey guys! What's up?" Ian asks. He walks over to us and slings his arm around my neck. Nina and I don't answer him as we all walk into the truck.

I quickly grab an apple and a water, then turn to leave. I shut the door behind me, but Nina manages to squeeze through the small space, and catch up with me.

"Like what?" I ask. I wonder if she'll know what I mean.

She gives me a questioning look, before smiling and saying, "Like how you're such an intense person, but can make people laugh easier than you breathe."

"You don't think Ian knows that?" I ask.

She bites into an apple. "I mean, I think he gets that you're intense. Everyone knows that," she says, right before taking a drink from a water bottle.