Prologue - I have to leave

Mulai dari awal

When they reached the border he barely managed not to stop. Gael had accelerated since it was going to be hard to leave and it was going to hurt. When he passed the boarder of the property it was a wrench but he managed to keep going. Now that he was a way from town he accelerated to a better speed. Granted he wasn't going a great deal more than the speed limit but it would get him clear sooner. Gael knew that it would be noticed that he was leaving and he really didn't want them interfering with his leaving.

It took another hour and a half before his little girl started fussing before he had to pull over. Thankfully there was a rest stop nearby and he pulled into it before she became really fussy. Once he had stopped he moved around to the door to her car seat and pulled her and the diaper bag out. He headed towards a bathroom since he could smell her. She was going to be hungry and she was most definitely stinky. Once he had her changed he filled a bottle and settled down on a bench and fed her.

He did his best not to hurry her since that would only make her even fussier. She was finally full and after a good burp or two she was asleep on his shoulder. "Hush little one and sleep. We have to keep going." Gael walked over to his Bronco and tucked her in. He was going to keep going as long as he could before he had to stop due to tiredness. Hopefully he would be able to get a good six or more hours. If he could do that chances were good that he was going to be relatively free for the time being.

Gael knew that Damian was going to know he had left and would search for him. What he hoped was that it would take time before he was able to figure out where he was. Right now he needed time away from everyone he had grown up with and where so many memories were. His wife hadn't been from the town he was but they had been married for several years before she had become pregnant. As he walked down the halls and into various rooms he could almost feel her ghost. It was slowly driving him crazy and he needed out.

As the miles rolled past he finally turned the radio on and found a station which worked for him. He had turned off his phone and the Bronco never had anything which could track it. He would have to check at some point but for now he was going to keep going.

~~~

Damian woke as soon as Gael crossed the property line and he rolled out of bed and lowered his head. He had been hoping that Gael had come to terms with what had happened but from the feel of it he hadn't. It hadn't been Gaels fault but he knew that the loss of his wife had been hard on him. "Damn you boy, if you would have simply talked to me or my wife we could have helped." His wife rolled over and ran a hand down his back.

"What is going on Damian?" She had also felt the bonds break but wanted her husband's opinion. She sat up and wrapped her arms around him.

Damian sighed and leaned into the embrace. "That damn young gun left with his little girl. Damn it I wished he had finally come to you or me." He rolled out of bed and pulled on some shorts. "Go back to sleep and I will let you know what I find later." She had also delivered recently though their baby was two months older.

Someone had already checked the rooms and found that he had packed a number of items. Gael had left with everything he needed but nothing else. His Bronco was gone as well and the gate showed his code leaving. "Damn it, why couldn't you come to us? We would have helped you as much as possible." Damian headed towards his office to make some calls.

~~~

Gael had finally been forced to find a place to pull off for some sleep and get some food. It was a little place off the main road which was what he wanted. Once he had the room he took his little girl in there and fed and changed her again before he bothered finding food for himself. Their little girl was most important to him. Once she was asleep again he tucked her into a chest pack and went to find somewhere to eat.