Chapter 1 - Diagnosis

AN: To be honest I don't know how this fanfic will turn out, I've mixed a few ideas together from an old fanfic I wrote and I have inspiration from a few fanfics I've been reading for the past few days. I hope you guys enjoy and make sure to leave tips when you think necessary.

Shay's POV:
I heard Avia close the bathroom door again. For the fourth night now she's been throwing up endlessly. Colette and I decided if she's not any better we'll take her to the doctors. I'm scared. I don't know why but I have a feeling something wrong. She hasn't been eating, talking or making contact with anyone around her. She's been sleeping most of the day. Her face is pale, bags have formed under her eyes, she looks terrible.
I walked into her bathroom and rubbed her back. I held her hair back as her stomach tightened and she heaved. I hated seeing my baby like this.
"Thank you dad" she coughed as I tucked her back into bed.
"Try and get some rest darling." I walked out of her room and climbed back into bed, disturbing Colette. She sat up.
"Was that Avia again?" She asked sleepily,
"Yea, she threw up again,"
"Again?!" Colette asked.
I nodded and lay down.
"We'll take her to the doctors tomorrow." Colette muttered as she drifted back into a peaceful daze.

As the sun came up and the birds began to sing I went into Brock and Emmis room to wake them up,
"Morning sleepy heads, time for school" I said cheerily. Brock started pre-school last week and he's loving it. Emmi groaned and turned away from me. I headed downstairs to Gavin's room. I knocked on his door, no reply. I stepped in to find him not in his bed. I curiously walked into Avia's room to find the bathroom door wide open and Gavin comforting his sister.
"Hey Gav what's going on?" I asked,
"Avia was throwing up again so I was holding her hair back." Gavin replied.
I signalled for Gavin to leave then I took his place.
"Hey Av, mom has made you a doctors appointment for 11 o'clock." I said stroking her hair. She nodded and began to stand up, getting into bed. I left her to it as she seemed like she wanted to be alone. I walked downstairs, cut the kids some watermelon and sent them packing off to school.
"Bye!" I shouted as they ran to meet Gage and Brailee.
I sat down on the couch and watched To Kill A Mockingbird. By the time it was finished it was 10am so I decided to go and grab Avia. Daxton was taking a bath, Colette assisting so I awoke Avia and carried her downstairs. She ate a piece of watermelon but threw it right back up into the dinging room floor, she tried her best to make it to the bathroom but failed. She looked embarrassed so decided to watch Frozen whilst I cleaned it up.
Colette and I got Daxton loaded into the van along with Avia and headed to the doctors. When we arrived we had to sit in the waiting room.  Avia said she was going to throw up so the receptionist gave her a bowl. She held it in front of her as she vomited was again. We only had to wait 5 minutes to be called in. The Doctor pressed Avia's stomach, took some samples.
"I'd like it if you'd take Avia to urgent care, we'll let them know you're coming but it's better to be safe than sorry."
We thanked the doctor and drove to the hospital. We walked through the doors and signed it. They had given Avia a bed in the children's ward. I carried her up the two flights of stairs and took out the camera. I vlogged until the Doctor came through and took Avia for some tests. We weren't allowed to go with her and I saw tears form in her eyes. I was scared for her.  Avia was gone for around 3 hours. The doctor said she would have the results back to us in an hour or two.  Avia took a nap until the Doctor called us into a private room.
"I'm so sorry to inform you but Avia has a brain tumour." The doctor informed us.
I couldn't understand. My baby. A tumor?Colette's eyes filled with tears. I squeezed her hand tight. I got slight comfort of knowing we were in this together.
"Is it c-c-cancer?" I stammered.
"From what we can see the tumor is cancerous. I'm so sorry. We will need to do a few more tests to see what stage she's at and to figure out the best treatment for Avia."
Colette and I, hand in hand walked back to Avia. We had decided to tell her when we got home. The car ride home was silent. Avia sensed the tense atmosphere.