▷ introduction

UNIDENTIFIED DATEUNIDENTIFIED PLACE 7:08 P

UNIDENTIFIED DATE
UNIDENTIFIED PLACE
7:08 P.M.

FROM the top of a two story building, a young woman with striking yet amused blue eyes hovered down onto the metal fire-escape stairs below, her breathing heavy and her stance in somewhat of a straitlaced position, almost as if she were born with such a posture. Gunshots and loud male curses were heard above her head as she progressed towards the ground, swinging over the railings when she reached the bottom.

She hit the pavement with a grunt of almost satisfaction, quickly standing to her feet when a bullet ricocheted near the heel of her left black combat boot. Loud footsteps could be heard behind her as she ran as fast as she could, the two silver swords on her back bouncing with every step she took.

While she ran, she pulled a fairly bulky handgun from the holster that was located on her right thigh, reaching towards the small utility belt around her waist without hesitation. She soundly grabbed a load of ammunition, quickly loading it into the magazine vault, and abruptly ran into an alley. Her attacker slowly approached the dark area, a smug smirk on his face. He must have had a whole group of friends cheering him on against this ferocious beast back at the base. After all, he trained most of his life to be up against such an opponent.

Maybe he hadn't trained well enough.

He rounded the corner with tight shoulders, holding up his handgun in defense as his cotton candy blue eyes trailed along the perimeter, only to be met with the pitch darkness of the setting sun. The alley was so quiet that it nearly put him off the edge. He silently progressed into the forbidden garden of darkness, pulling out a small flashlight from his back pocket. He flipped the switch on, granting himself a narrow path of light.

Behind his towering frame, the girl stood with her hand over her mouth to hide her giggles, but some absentmindedly escaped. The man turned around abruptly, his eyebrows furrowing as the light hit her face, showing a bright and almost girlish smile on such pretty and matured features.

"Well, hiya, handsome." She greeted chirpily as his gun flew up to her face, but before he could pull the trigger, she grabbed his wrist and twisted it, making the gunfire go off and echo on for what seemed to be miles. The man yelped in pain when his arm snapped. He dropped his flashlight and handgun to the ground below, granting him access to use his other arm.

He swung at her aimlessly, causing her to grab his other arm, twist it, and push him towards the ground face-first.

She grimaced slightly when his face hit the concrete below, wondering to herself if the sound she just heard was his nose breaking or just his hard, high cheekbones colliding with the ground.