Themed Story 2- 'DESIGNS'

A/N This is set back when Aly was still alive.

Aly was in the office working on her new shoe sketches. She'd put so much effort into each of the designs, she'd even come to a stage where she thought most of the designs were absolutely flawless. She put the pencil she was holding down beside her latest design.

"Finished!" She said with relief as she picked up the sketch at blew the erasing shavings off her work. She proudly analysed her drawing before wearing a big grin on her face. "Maybe now Rick will finally give my shoe line a shot!" With that being said, she packed her pencils away, grabbed her designs and left the office.

As she was walking along the corridor she stopped when she saw Pam sitting alone at her desk, biting on one of her perfectly cooked lemon bars.

"Hi Pam," Aly said cheerfully as she walked up to Pam. Pam smiled and quickly placed her half-eaten lemon bar on the plate in front of her.

"Hello Aly," Pam replied politely, offering Aly a lemon bar.

"I would but not right now, there's something far too important I need to do," Aly explained, refusing the lemon bar Pam just offered her. Pam's eyes widened.

"What's happening!" Pam whispered excitedly. "Tell me!"

"Well," Aly said carelessly, "If all goes according to plan, Rick will finally green-light my shoe line," Pam smiled.

"Finally!"  Pam exclaimed.

"Is Rick in there?" Aly asked, pointing to the door beside Pam's desk.

"Yes he is," Pam nodded, "Good luck!" Pam said and returned to nibbling away at her lemon bars.

Aly walked into the office, closing the door behind her. She knocked on the door, grabbing Rick's attention.

"Aly," Rick said, subtly tapping the loose sheets of paper against the desk, "What can I do for you?" He asked, uninterested. Aly faked a smile, and forced a friendly laugh.

"Well," She said, walking up to Rick, "I was hoping you'd be kind enough to take a look at my designs. Maybe consider launching my shoe line," She weakly cleared her throat and placed her favorite design in front of Rick. Rick straightened his posture before taking a look at Aly's design. "Well," Aly said, awaiting feedback.

"Wow," Rick said, raising his eye brows. "These are great," Rick said with a slight amount of kindness in his tone.

"But?" Aly said skeptically.

"They're just," Rick said, pausing, searching for  the right words. "You know, not up to par," He said, handing Aly's design back to her. Aly scoffed.

"Up to par!" Aly exclaimed, "They're more than up to par- they're over par!" She said getting frustrated and upset. "You know what! You just- you just don't know what's good!" Aly began to rant. "I mean if you did, for one, you would've never even gotten close to that horrible Maya, and second, you'd step down as-"

"That's enough!" Rick interrupted with a yell. "It's one thing to insult me but don't you dare insult Maya!" Rick demanded. Aly stopped, and with out a word, walked out of the office.

"So," Pam said, still sounding cheerful, as Aly slowly walked into the corridor, "How'd it go?" Aly didn't respond, she wiped her watery eyes with her arm and continued on walking.

"Oh Aly," Pam said tenderly, "It's okay, once Rick finally opens his eyes he'll see how good these designs are and you'll have a line in no time!"

"Easier said than done, Pam," Aly said, not looking Pam in the eyes. "It's not happening,"