Camouflage

A pink tail slides out of the cool shade.

"Where are you going, milady?"

Deathbringer calls out to the annoyed queen.

"Somewhere far away from stalkers such as yourself."

The queen huffed and stormed off. Deathbringer trailed after her until she turned camouflage.

"I really screwed up this time. How do I find her if I can't see her... hmmm."

An idea popped into the midnight dragon's head. He grinned to himself and started flying.

"I coming for you, Glory..."

Glory's P.O.V.

Thank goodness, he finally left me alone. Even if he's my bodyguard, I don't need to be protected all of the time.

I stretch my wings and relax. The soft chirping of tropical birds overhead lull me to sleep. Everything seems so peaceful here.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to sleep. It is sun time already. I'll have to make sure that he can't see me sleeping though."

As I focus on the nature around me, my scales shift to match the boulder I'm laying on.

A dusty gray billows over me. I add a few specks of green near my horns to look more realistic.

"That should be good enough."

Deathbringer's P.O.V.

"I could've sworn that she was right here."

I lowered myself into a clearing. My eyes scanned the area for the slightest movement. As I was starting to lose hope, something flickered.

I jerked around and stared at a massive boulder. I might be seeing things, but it didn't look right. There was something weird about it.

"I found you~."

I realized that Glory was camouflaged and stepped forward cautiously, just in case she does something sneaky.

I gently poked the gray blob with my hand. No response. Great. She's asleep. What to do?

3rd person P.O.V.

Deathbringer giggled at the sight of his queen resting.

To his surprise, she rolled over and fell on top of him. He froze and looked confused.

When he saw what position they were in, he struggled not to get aroused. He was heating up.

"Hello~Deathy~"

Glory mumbled into his sensitive ears. She was having a dream apparently.

Deathbringer tried to get back on his talons, but she stood up and pinned him down again.

"Where do you think you're going, Deathbringer~I'm not done with you yet~"

He was close to losing control.

"Wake...up... Glory!"

Deathbringer flipped her over where he was on top instead.

The invisible dragonet stopped moving. Deathbringer let out a sigh of relief.

Suddenly, Glory reappeared in front of him, pulled his head down, and kissed him.

Glory's P.O.V

I reluctantly wake up and spot a black blur before me.

My vision clears and I see Deathbringer.

He has his back turned my way and is looking down for some reason.

"Let's go back to the village..."

He wouldn't look me in the eye the whole flight home.

"Hey Deathbringer."

He flinched at me calling him.

"Yes?"

"Is there something wrong? You're not usually like this. You seem disturbed... I wonder what's on your mind?"

Deathbringer instantly turned pink around the edges.

That's odd.