Back to Campus

Alexis

~

"Awe it was nice meeting you to love" Mrs. Marie hugged me.

Johni and I were saying our goodbyes to her mother so we could be on our way home.

"Come back sometime" she smiled releasing me.

"I will, you feel better now ok"

She nodded. "Bye ma, I'll call you as soon as we get back to the campus" Johni spoke hugging her mother.

"Okay baby, drive safe" they kissed each other's cheek before we left.

I was more than ready to get back to campus. I could tell that Johni wanted to stay with her mother, but it was time for us to get back to our lives. I'm just glad she got to see her mom before we go on this trip, I knew that's all she really wanted.

~

The ride back to Tallahassee was dead quiet, neither of us had anything to say, I think she said enough back at her mother's place. I still couldn't believe that she liked me. She did a great job covering up her feelings cause I would have never thought.

I glanced at Johni as she drove.

Do I even like like her anymore? I don't even know. I think those feelings faded when she throw me aside for those two weeks. But this weekend she had done what I have been begging her to do, since week 2. I finally got to see that other side of her, the side that no one else has seen.

"What's on your mind Lex?" Johni finally spoke.

I shrugged. "It's nothing important"

"You know if you need someone to talk to, I'm always here for you Lex" she assured.

"Yeah, I know" I smiled slightly and then resorted back to looking out the window.

~

When we got back to campus it was going on 6pm. I texted Aisha letting her know I was back and she said she was at the track and would be back soon.

But I couldn't wait to see her. I dropped my stuff off by our dorm and then walked over to the track.

A few people were out jogging, including Aisha, I sat in the bleachers and watcher her run for a while. Soon she got tired and stopped. She placed her hands on her hips trying to catch her breath, I smirked and pulled out my phone taking a picture of her. (Picture in the media) after taking the picture I got up out the bleachers and walked over to her. She smiled once seeing me.

"Hey ma" I smiled.

"Hey baby" she hugged me and then pecked my lips.

I giggled. "You're a sweaty mess"

"Okay it's the result of working off then damn sweets."

"Told you not to eat the shits" I rolled my eyes.

"I paid for them you ass" she rolled her eyes also.

"Speaking of ass, your ass look nice in the tights" I smirked.

She giggled ad blushed. "Shut up. And come on, I need to go shower"

She grabbed her water bottle and we went back to our dorm. While Aisha was in the shower I was convincing myself to pick up the phone and call my mother.

"Gone head and do it" Aisha walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her.

"What if she says some slick shit to piss me off, I'm going to snap on her ass" I said.

Aisha shrugged. "Then at least you will know that you tried"

"True" I sighed and got up off the couch. I followed Aisha into her room and sat on her bed. She started to get dressed. And I dialed my mother's number.

The phone rang up, and then went to voice mail. I kissed my teeth and hung up.

"Well there you go I tri-"

My phone started to ring. I looked at it and it was my mother's number. Aisha raised an eyebrow at me, waiting for me to answer.

I sighed and picked up.

"Hello ma" I spoke.

"Alexis baby. How are you?" she asked.

"I'm living" I said plainly.

"That's good"

The phone got quite. We could never hold a conversation.

"Alex told me that the stops was going good for you"

"Yeah it's the only thing keeping me going these days"

"When are you coming home to visit?"

~OKAY SO THIS IS A FILLER, AND I PROMISED TO UPDATE TODAY SO THERE YOU GO.

~I KNOW ITS SHORT BUT I WANT THE NEXT CHAPTER TO BE VERY LONG AND I HAVE ALL THE DETAILS FOR IT.

~I WILL BE UPDATING AGAIN THIS WEEK SO DO STAY TUNED.

~LOVE YALLLLL!