Chapter 3

Sorry Its been centuries since I've uploaded I just had no clue what todo with my story I was literally thinking of putting a unicorn in it but as my friend..... So kindly ... Pointed out with her foot it was a dumb idea I avoided the story until now!! :) hope you like it.... Love you corti!!!!!

Chapter 3

Picture of Shelby --------------------->

I looked around the gravel path I ran every morning as a human. Its my favorite place where I could just think. By the end of my two hour run I felt calm and all my problems seemed to fix themselves.

This run was not calm however I was on the borderline of freaking out. I was trying my best to use my wolf instincts to pin point what the sound was without going full wolf because this gravel road was far from secluded. Even though it was early in the morning it was a short cut to down town and a string of houses were on the opposite side of the woods and anyone could see me.

Minutes passed by without another sound. Maybe it was just a fluffy bunny or my mind was playing tricks on me yep that's it I'm probably just still creeped from my dream I tried to reason with myself. I almost believed it too and continued my run until an agonizing scream raked through the crisp morning air.

I let go of everything and turned letting my wolf lose. The girl sounded exactly like I did when my change happened.

When you go wolf it's incredible. Everything turns black and white like an old movie. Then scents come alive from food, animals, and even plants. Everything that has a specific smell has it's own color in out vision. It's incredible it's one of my favorite things about being a werewolf.

But I was used to it and I had to help her and show her she's not alone. I followed an oddball scent that wasn't normally in the woods the scent looked like a faint ribbon of a creamy violet color floating in the stale air and it pointed toward her desperate screams. I pushed my legs to go faster I needed to help her.

I burst through the bush infront of me coming into the clearing of my dream and my memories the sheer beauty of this place still fazed me for a couple seconds the next thing I saw was even more shocking.

Her chestnut brown hair was barley contained in her messy pony tail her big hazel eyes full of terror, and her thin peach colored lips were permanently open from all the screams pouring out of her broken body.

'Oh No, Oh No, Oh No, This Can't Be Happening, Not to Her' was all that ran threw my mind.

I quickly shifted back and put  her sweat shirt that was thrown down next to her convulsing body. Her face was covered in shock and hot tears as I ran to her side.

"I'm so so sorry Shelby." I could feel tears pooling in my eyes her's weren't in any better condition. I couldn't believe my best friend was like me. I thought I was alone and here she was all along.

Her legs twisted in abnormal ways and she let out another ear piercing scream. "Shhh shhh honey bunny I know it hurts I've been through it too. Your not alone in this sweet heart it's almost over I promise Shelbs." I tried to comfort her calling her my old nicknames for her and said things I wish was said to me when I first shifted.

Shelby is so much stronger than I am, we were really close in the last year of elementary when she moved here and in middle school, but then we drifted apart. We were always still friends and said hi to each other and hung out but we were never close like that again. We were both kind of lone wolfs in high school. Tears were now streaming down my face, but I let out a small giggle.

Shelby looked at me weirdly through the pain and said "why?" then she let out another ear per sing scream followed by pops from bones shifting all over her body. I quickly sat up and got into her direct vision. "Shelbs I'm so sorry this is happening to you I wish I knew before all this was happening because I thought I was the only one but you can't change the past. Anyway sweety pie were um.... Were werewolfs.

Shock still covered her delicate facal features but I could tell from her eyes that she thought I was a complete nut bar. I smiled softly at her reaction turned around took off her sweatshirt and quickly shifted.

My bones shifted around changing my body into a beautiful five foot wolf. My skin was replaced with silky deep brown fur with black splashes here and there. My gray/green eyes turned more animalistic and into a honey golden hue.Then I turned around to meet her penetrating gaze.

She shook her head from side to side so fast I was scared she would get whiplash. Then her arms flipped behind her and she screamed as if her life depended on it. I whimpered and tried to help her in anyway I could. "Nora" was all she said and it broke my heart. It was so full of agony and pain, but I could tell she was trying to thank me. I nodded my head in understanding and licked her hand.

I knew the nail feeling would come next. I didn't know what to do I would do anything to help the pain stop for her, but I was helpless I had no clue what to do. I whimpered trying to say I'm sorry to Shelby. She slightly smiled and I licked her hand again. She grimaced then seconds later she screamed so loud it was deafening sitting so close as a wolf, but I would never leave her alone. I would never leaver not when she needed me the most. I laid down next to her trying to warm her shivering body every time she screamed or even flinched I whimpered in response trying to remind her she wasn't alone.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Please vote I hope you liked it better than a unicorn!!!!! Thanks for reading I promise I will update every week if not sooner!!! :) xoxoxox Lynz