the one with the time turner

"Accept who you are
and revel in it."

"ARE YOU MISS Skylar Firegold?" a tiny second year Ravenclaw asked me during breakfast, a day after I faced my boggart.

I nodded quickly, gulping some water.

"Professor Dumbledore is looking for you," he said and walked away quickly as if I might eat him.

"Thanks," I yelled at him and jumped out of my seat. I dusted my hands and made my way towards the stairs.

I noticed the stares the students were giving me. Like because my boggart is myself. I'm scared of myself. I'm scared of my true self. And after the Slytherin tie in the boggart, everyone started believing how the Sorting Hat might have been wrong.

"Where are you going?" Ron asked as he walked towards the breakfast table.

"Dumbledore called," I said grinning a bit and walking up.

After what seemed like centuries, I reached the gargoyle.

"Acid Pops," I said and it moved aside. I pushed my way in. Outside Dumbledore's office I stopped. I heard voices.

"She's only a child, Severus. You can't do that to her!" Professor McGonagall said.

"I suggest you the path, Headmaster. Choose what you feel safe," Snape chided avoiding McGonagall.

"I think you're right, Severus. Your chosen path might be the only," Dumbledore gravely said.

"But-" McGonagall started but I pushed open the door and walked in.

"You called me Professor?" I asked, striding smartly into the room.

"Yes, Miss Firegold. There seems to be some difficulties with some," he paused, "maneuvering," he said motioning me to sit.

I sat down, cocking my right leg over the left.

"Professor McGonagall," I nodded towards her. "Professor Snape," and I nodded at him too.

Through the corner of my eyes and notice Dumbledore's lips twitch up to a smile.

"Back to work. What were you saying Professor?" I asked.

"Ah, yes. Can you recall what year it is?" he asked. I nodded.

"2012," I said and Dumbledore stared with pity in his eyes. Fuck.

"No, Skylar. It's 1994."

"Umm, okay, come again?" I choked.

"You've Time Travelled back to the time of Hogwarts," Snape piped in.

"How. Did. That. Happen?" I asked taking deep breaths to control my emotions.

"Now what I'm going to say, might gravely affect you," Dumbledore started. I nodded.

"Your parents were Death Eaters," he informed and I felt faint. My life felt like a soap opera suddenly.

"Go on," I choked.

"Your mother and father were both from good families. Rich and powerful. They were two dynasties full of passion in their blood. When they were accepted at Hogwarts, they got sorted in Slytherin," Snape began in monotone.

"They were two of the most talented students ever to step in Hogwarts. However, when they grew up, they got attracted to Dark Arts. So they joined You-know-who," McGonagall said.