Chapter 15

Chapter 15

The panic set in, but didn't stop me from replying, "Okay. We'll be there as soon as possible. Can you tell me where it is?" After she told me, I turned to see Adrian standing up on full alert. He must have heard my concerned voice. "What's wrong? What happened?" He asked taking a couple steps towards me. "We need to get to the hospital right now. Something happened to Jordan. I don't have the full details, but all I know is that we need to leave right now." I ran and grabbed my phone, stuffing it in my purse. "Let's go" Adrian said and we ran down the stairs. "Okay so which way do we go to get to the hospital from here? I asked him as we reached the front lawn. "Uh, we would need to drive. We can use my car, but it's still at the park." he answered. "Okay, let's go!"

We ran full speed without stopping until we reached the park. I was kind of surprised that he could keep the same pace as me, but then again, that's what happens when you're a track star. "There. Come on" he pointed to a Audi r8 v10 white convertible. Holy cow! Does everyone have a sweet ride but me?! Once we got in, I chose that time to comment, "I love your car!" I exclaimed as I examined the fine and detailed interior. I light pink crawled up his neck, "Thanks" he murmured as he backed out of the parking spot.

When we stopped at a red light, he spoke. "So what happened when you picked up the phone? Did Alex tell you exactly what happened to Jordan?" Adrian asked, glancing at me through the corner of his eye. "She sounded like she had been crying. You could tell she was worried by her voice. All she told me was that he was hurt. I'm guessing he was hurt badly since he needed to go to the hospital for it." My voice sounded so concerned and worried that it even sounded foreign to my own ears. Adrian noticed this and placed his hand on mine. "Hey, look at me" when my eyes met his he continued, "Whatever it is, it will be okay. Let's just hope that whatever happened to Jordan isn't too serious." He continued to stare into my eyes. Looking into those brown depths soothed me, not to mention how calming the contact of our hands felt.

But just like before we get interrupted and our moment there just had to be ruined. Unfortunately, we can't exactly sit there forever since the red light turned green and we have a friend who is sitting in the hospital right now. So no, we can't sit there and stare at each other. We broke eye contact, but the contact of our hands never gave way. We were silent the rest of the way, but it was a nice, comfortable silence. "Here we are" Adrian quietly said as we pulled up into the hospital parking lot. Just like that, the atmosphere thickened with tension. I guess luck was on our side, because we found a parking spot right in the front.

We ran out and up to the front desk, "Hi, we are here to see Jordan Michaels." I politely told the concierge. She smiled up at me and Adrian, "He will be in room 32A on the second floor. There is also a waiting room available." "Thank you" I rushed out before quickly walking up to the elevator with Adrian behind me. Adrian pushed the button that said '2' and the elevator door closed. I pulled my phone, "I'm gonna text Alex and tell her we are here" I told Adrian. He just nodded. "Hey, we r here. R u in the waiting room?" I texted her. I got a text back not 15 seconds later, "Yes, I wanted 2 wait 4 u guys 2 go in & c Jordan. I already saw him, but he's still sleeping" "K. C u soon" I texted her back just as the doors of the elevator opened. Immediately I noticed Alex pacing back and forth. She saw us the second we stepped out and she ran to us, crushing my body in a hug while she starts sobbing. I began rubbing circles on her back and telling her soothing things in her ear. "It's okay. He'll be fine" I noticed some people looking at us, but looked away when I caught them staring. It's a hospital. You gotta expect that people will cry. It's only normal. Seriously people? "Come on. Let's sit down. Can we see Jordan now?" She pulled away, sniffling and nodding. Quietly, she grabbed my wrist, pulling me along into a room.

We all, including Alex, gasped in unison when we stepped into the room. I'm guessing Alex wasn't expecting this either. Sitting straight up in bed with a sleepy expression on his face, was Jordan. You could say Adrian and I were taken aback by his appearance and the fact that he is awake. Alex, on the other hand, had already seen him, so she was just shocked he woke up. He had a huge bandage on his bare chest that had spots of red, showing how much he bled in those certain areas. It also looks like he broke his ankle or his foot because of the huge cast on his left foot. But it was his chest that alarmed me. "Jordan!" Alex ran, a little dramatically, to his bed and grabbed his hand. "Are you okay? How are you feeling?" Her smile completely lit up her face as she gazed at him adoringly. Her eyes were alit, though still rimmed with tears, and her grin stretched across her face. Upon seeing Alex's face, a smile found it's way on Jordan's face. His voice coming a little raspy, he spoke. "A little sore." he cleared his voice and continued. "But I think I'll feel a lot better if I had water. Could you get me some please?" he asked.

"I'll get it" Adrian called out. "Oh and I'll get the nurse or doctor or whoever I'm supposed to call in when you wake up" I rolled my eyes at his second response. But I still looked at his retreating figure with a barely visible smile on my face. Today he wore a navy blue v-neck t-shirt with dark blue jeans and a pair of black all stars. He brought a black leather jacket from his car which he put on before we got to the hospital. I guess he thought it would be cold in here. Either way it still looked really good on him. Heck, anything would look good on him. I heard someone clear their throat.

I looked over at Alex and Jordan. Alex looked at me with raised eyebrows and Jordan had on a knowing smile. My face burned in embarrassment at being caught, but then I thought of something I could use to my advantage. I rose an eyebrow in their direction, though pointed directly at her, and that sent her a silent message that immediately made her smirk drop. Her face flushed bright and I smiled triumphantly. Yeah, what she pointing out that she knew I had the 'hots' for Adrian and I just returned that by showing her I knew she was head over heels for Jordan. I know, it's a messed up exchange, but it's not important. Jordan looked between us with eyebrows raised, a questioning glint in his eyes as a small smile took place on his face. We bot shrugged, telling him it wasn't important. He shrugged as if dismissing it.

"So care to tell me what happened?" Jordan and I spoke at the same time. I looked at him; he doesn't know what happened? "I mean what happened after we left the restaurant. We were walking in the park and next thing I know, I wake up in a hospital bed." Jordan explained. Welooked at Alex expectantly. She gulped and looked between both of us before saying nervously, "Shouldn't we wait for Adrian?"

Just then, Adrian walked through the door with about three nurses behind him. "I found the nurses! And I brought some water" He held up his hands; a blue tray carrying cups of water was being carefully held by Adrian. He was smiling proudly at his accomplishment. I couldn't help but chuckle and smile back at him. The nurses came to Jordan and the blonde one said to him, "Hello Mr. Michaels. How are you feeling?" He smiled politely, "I'm a lot better" "That's good to hear. Now, do you mind if we ask you a couple questions and test a few things? You're friends are welcome to stay." she asked him. "Sure. I don't mind"

I noticed Alex looked nervous, "Hey, are you okay?" I put a hand on her shoulder. Then her eyes met mine. They were scared and nervous. Then, I saw the look. I understood the instant message. She was hiding something from the nurses. But she was telling me. I nodded and whispered in her ear, "Just make up something that sounds realistic. If you want I can stay in here and cover for you in case you blank out or something." She shook her head, "No, it's okay. I got this" "Alright, but just don't hesitate to get me if you need help." I told her and walked out to the waiting room, followed by Adrian. "What was that all about?" he asked me with a low voice. "She can't tell them the truth." I lowered my voice to a whisper and continued "They are humans. Whatever hurt him wasn't human. Those cuts on his chest were intentional. There's no way that was accident. He was attacked."