Chapter Seven: Giving In

Harry waited patiently for Louis to return, trying hard to stay the stronger person and not peep at any of his personal items just laying about. Like, for example, that portfolio that fell behind the desk when Louis flung his mask across the room earlier. Or the tapes that were under the television with the markings 'XXX' on them and nothing else.

He tries to entertain himself by sitting down and watching television, instead of itching for his mask not even 3 inches away and going to help the merc.

Not even half an hour later, Deadpool comes through the door, a smirk on his face when he sees his Spidey sprawled out on his couch. He's tempted to make a remark on how he thinks this should be how he returns home every night, but the assassin is too sore to risk getting punched. He albeit collapses once the door was securely shut behind him, and he yanks his mask off.

The sarcastic remark of Harry's gets lost in his throat when he sees Louis' condition. "You're hurt!"

Louis doesn't argue when Harry sits him down where Harry was just sat and the boy begins to gasp at his wounds. It's nice, seeing the look of concern on someone's face on his behalf. Harry's cupping his face and checking for bruises, so Louis just watches him with, what would feel like, a fond stare.

When Harry meets his eyes, he is angry. "What's your problem, Louis? Why didn't you let me help you? Just what are you trying to prove?"

Smile fading a little, Louis shrugs. "I can't be defeated, but you can. I can't have you being un-alived. Not on my watch. I'm fine."

"You don't look fine," he lets out a mumbled sigh, hand resting on his face. "I should have gone with you." His frown only deepened when he saw Louis' lip was swollen, bleeding.

"Spidey I've been hurt worse than this before. Believe me. There was a set-up. Bernie was held at gunpoint when I was on the phone with him. I barely had a chance to enter the store before an array of bullets were at me. I'm glad I let you set this one out."

"I would have been fine, Louis! Stop trying to protect me and just let me help you next time. We have enemies. People are out to kill us and even if you can't die, you can come something close to death."

Though the merc with the mouth didn't like admitting it, his babyboy was right. He was severely injured. He silently sits while his Spidey fetches the medicine kit he found earlier in the bathroom. He gets to work on patching Louis' face up and demands that he remove his suit so whatever other bodily harms he had hidden could be fixed.

Louis, though left in a state of quandary, fixes his body upright and removes the suit as gently as he could. Harry was left mute by the chiseled form of Louis' body, but Louis seemed indifferent to the stare and thought otherwise.

"Guess I couldn't keep this hidden for long, yeah?" he chuckles. "I know, these scars are hideous, right? Makes you want to get the village and demand for their pitchforks-"

"You're fucking hot."

The pause before the reply has Harry feeling as though he'd finally stumped the king of sass."I- I am?"

"I don't think I'll ever have the courage to stand beside you with my clothes off. That's insane."

"You were considering it?" Of course Louis wouldn't stay baffled for long. Instead of answering, Harry patches up the bullet wounds and scars to the best of his abilities, making sure to caress the wound gently. His skin was very wrinkly, but it could be overlooked. Because Louis was overall attractive.

"There we go. Now go put on some pj's and take it down for a while. Doctor's orders." Harry replaces the medical items. "First thing tomorrow morning I'm tracking down these cowards and give them a piece of my mind. And my web."