"Can we not indulge a little more." his velvety smooth voice brushed over her.

"No... ," she smiled playfully placing the palm of her hand against his chest to hold him at bay.

With a breath filled sigh he gave in placing a kiss on her forehead.

They were soon in the courtyard surrounded by fifty of his guards waiting as they bid farewell to his father and the servants.

**********

They had ridden out through the beautiful countryside taking in its lush terrain. After sometime of there ride, he pulled her above his horse and sat her before him. He lovingly nuzzled his nose and lips against her neck and pointed out the wonderous expanse of his lands and the bordering lands of Maularde that were a bit smaller than his.

Happily, she asked about the livestock that grazed the lands stopping briefly to pet the horses that idly walked about eating grass.

They continued on until finally they were met with the beginning flanks of a porticullis that lead way to Marlaudes keep. Duncan's banners were raised high enough for the guards to see them and know who it was as they slowly approached.

They finally crossed and stood waiting for it to open as they were lead through to his courtyard and to the front doors of the greathall. Curious eyes of peasants and workers watched them as they stepped down off of their horses.

A large burly man stood by the entrance with a few guards and a tall girl. Tara summized it was Marlaude and his daughter Erica as they approached them and greeted them.

"M'lord t'is a pleasure to meet you," Duncan stepped forward and held out a hand.

Immediately Marlaude outstreched his own arms pulling him into a hearty bear hug.

"Lad, you have grown," he chuckled.

Stepping aside he motioned for his daughter to step forward and watched as she coyly curtsied and addressed him in a sweet manner.

She was taller than her by mere inches. Where her hair was a reddish brown and long down her back, Taras was Dark brown in bouncy shinny ringlet lay cascaded down her shoulders and back she had icy blue eyes where Taras was hazel.

Tara quickly snapped out of her musings as Duncan announced his reasons for visiting and asked for an audience in private with Marlaude.

He nodded and hurried everyone into the greathall and instructed Duncan to follow him to his solar.

Tara, Duncan and Aidan entered along with Marlaude and his daughter. He sat down and offered them to sit as well.

In that instant he stood up, Marlaude narrowed his eyes and caught sight of Tara. His eyes twinkled with criousity at the bewitching girl in Duncans company.

"And this beauty, Duncan. Don't tell me that ruddy old man of your father had a daughter." he chuckled heartily slapping Duncan roughly on the back that he nearly pitched forward on his face.

With a grimmace of some discomfort he straightened up and cleared his throat.

"No....M'lord. I would like to introduce you to Tara Michaels." without hesitation large calloused hands eagerly pulled her palm forward and bowed over them to kiss them lightly.

"My fiancé," Duncan finished.

Tara stood before the burly man that stiffened holding her hand. Slowly his head rose to peer up at her.