locked

Melanie walked into the small convenient store, the moonlight showing off her quickly dissipating when she walked under the florescent lights.
Nobody was there, considering it was exactly 9:42pm on the dot and the store closed at 10:00pm.
Melanie made a b-LINE for the the section that contained what she'd come for, kool-aid.
She found the package, practically flying back to the checkout and slamming the boxed good down on the reflectant metal.
The cashier looked down, a bored expression laced in his eyes.
"Cherry is the worst." He mumbled under his breath, though Melanie caught it, furrowing her brows.
"I don't see how it concerns you." She spoke stifly, trying to maneuver the polite decorum her mother had drilled into her mind as a small child.
The boy shrugged, scanning her item and placing it in a plastic bag.
He then looked up at her again, the same bored expression clouding his chestnut eyes.
"That'll be 69 cents." He grumbled, holding his hand out as Melanie nodded and began sifting through her wallet for exact change.
Just as she handed it to him, everything went black and she shrieked loudly.
The automatic doors clicked and all she could hear was the boy's voice.
"This is only 68 cents."