2

I woke to the sound of my alarm ringing loudly causing me to roll my eyes. I turn it off going to my bathroom starting my hygiene routine. I get dressed in a simple black crop top jeans and vans.

I grab my PINK bag and keys walking downstairs sitting at the island and peel a orange.

"You excited for your first day?" Leon walked in the kitchen.

"No I'm ready to graduate I'm over school."

"Glad I graduated years ago." He scoffs.

"Lucky you." I sarcastically roll my eyes.

Leon hands me a fifty dollar bill "I'll be there to pick you up after school we need to go grocery shopping."

"You can't go yourself?"

"Dang, you can't come with me?"

"As long as I get whatever I want." I stood looking at the time.

6:30 my bus comes at 6:40 "fine with me, you riding the bus?" He asked

"Unless you feel like taking me." I poked my bottom lip out hoping he'll say yes

"Do you still have any money saved for your car I'll go half with you."

"You don't have to do that Leon, you've done enough thank you though." I walked towards the door.

"Alright bye have a good first day I love you."

"I love you more." I walked out the door.

I lock the door behind me and begin walking down the street to my bus stop. A handful of kids stood there talking amongst each other. I stand a couple inches away getting a few stares waiting for the bus. It finally pulled up and the ride was only 15 minutes.
The bus parks into the bus lot and let us off I observe all the kids. There was so many and the school was really big.

I walk down the long hall until somebody bumped into me.

"Damn excuse-." I started

"Dillyn you made me bump in to somebody stop playing."she exclaimed turning. "I'm so sorry."

My face softens appreciating that she apologized  "It's ok,do you know where the guidance office is?" I asked. One thing about me I'm never afraid to ask for something when I don't know

"Yeah I can show you, you must be new I'm Tiana." She smiled

"Aaleeyah but everybody calls me Leeyah." I smiled back.

"That's cute, Dillyn I'm bout' to go to the guidance counselor real quick." She said to a brownskin boy.

"Let me come, I'on wanna go ta' class yet." He walked over "who's this she gotta be new."

He was really cute and had a thick Louisiana accent. "She is and what I tell you about being late."

"Okay chill "momma"." He laughed in quotations "I'm Dillyn by the way." He held his hand out.

I shook it and smiled "Aaleeyah." I followed them down the hallway.

"So where you move from girl?" Tiana asked as Dillyn wrapped his arm around her shoulder.