Themed Story 1- 'CRY'

First mini-story's theme is 'CRY'. I have no idea what this story will be about or if it will be any good! Hopefully you'll like it and/or enjoy reading it :)

AT KATIE'S MANSION:

"It's so quiet with no one else here," Katie told herself as she finished off some work. She'd decided to work from home today- no pressure, no noise and certainly no interruptions. But there was also nobody else there, just Katie. Katie sighed and reached towards her phone.

"Hi Katie, what's up?" Brooke answered cheerfully, smiling.

"Nothing," Katie answered, "Just wanted to see how you're doing- you alone?"

"Yeah, it's just little old me in this big house of mine," Brooke replied awkwardly.

"I can completely relate," Katie replied, the two of them laughed.

"What are you doing in that mansion of yours all alone?" Brooke asked, still laughing.

"I decided to work from home today, it's just- it's so quiet with no one else," Katie confessed.

"Hey," Brooke said softly, "Are you okay, you sound a little depressed," Katie laughed nervously.

"No, I'm totally fine," Katie responded.

"You sure?" Brooke asked compassionately.

"Mm-hmm," Katie said trying to stay relaxed, "Hey, listen, I have to go now. I'll talk to you later, bye," Katie gushed and quickly hung up the phone.

Katie thought about what Brooke had said, was she depressed? She couldn't be! Her life was really good at the moment. Forget good- her life was fantastic! She was married to the love of her life, Bill Spencer, and had the most wonderful son a mother could ask for. She walked into the kitchen and poured herself a glass of cold, iced-tea. As she sipped her drink, she flashed back to when Bill cheated on her with her own sister. Bill was never going to do that again- Katie quickly reassured herself.

"He wouldn't hurt me again, not like that, not when I almost died " she whispered to herself as she felt small tears forming under her eyes. She quickly wiped them away, she was stronger than crying over the past she reminded herself. But the more she thought about it, the more tears there were. "Why am I even crying!?" Katie questioned herself trying to calm down.

"I have the strongest husband in the world, so why am i so weak?" She sobbed.