Chapter 27: Deja Vu

I woke up on the couch covered by a quilt. I must've fallen asleep here last night. I pulled off the blanket I'm sure Harry had covered me with and padded down the hall to the guest bedroom. I leaned against the doorway, taking in the sight of the curly haired boy asleep in my house. His curls were strewn all across the pillow and soft snore escaped his plump pink lips. I smiled at how peacefull and happy he looked. It was like nothing bad had ever happened and he was the same carefree man whore of the band One Direction. Now he felt so much older. Cassidy's death shook him so badly that he went from acting 18 and reckless to 35 and guarded in matter of hours. I tiptoed away, careful not wake him up, and I found myself in the kitchen with an enormous coffee mug in hand. Sipping on my cappuchino, I rubbed my belly while softly cooing my daughter inside of me.

"Cass baby, Mommy's gonna see you tomorrow," I was so excited to meet my baby girl. To be a mother. To have a purpose again. She gave a hard kick to my side. "Woah there! Easy does it girly. I gotta keep you in for a few more hours!" I chucked while I continued rubbing. The clock read 7:13, why was I awake so early? Deciding to lay on the couch for a few hours, I pulled together a few more blankets and pillows and turned on the Disney Channel. Might as well get used to baby TV. I hadn't been there for 5 minutes before it hit me. Cravings. I needed a donut and I needed it now. Harry would understand if I woke him up right? It's not safe to drive so close to your due date and damn I wanted that donut. I snuck into the bedroom and started poking at his cheeks.

"Haz," Poke.

"Harry, wake up," Poke. He rolled over. Poke.

"Harry I need you to take me to --" He jumped up.

"The hospital?! Is she coming?" A pair of frantic but sleepy eyes opened to meet my gaze and a brown mop of curls were ascu in a mad scientist sort of way. I stifled my giggles as He sprang out of bed and ran over to the suitcase scattered on the bedroom floor.

A tornado of skinny jeans and white v necks swirled around the room as he tried to get dressed. He was muttering to himself "Gotta get the stroller, gotta start the car.." I needed to get his attention " Haz, no that's not it," I explained gently as the tornado wizzed past me. "Chris go get in the car I've got this under control. Remember the breathing exercises!" I was amazed by this kids cluelessness sometimes. "Harry, no." Once again he ignored me. He was tuning everything out so he could focus on getting packed. Why wasn't he this motivated everyday? This had gone on for too long though and he needed to snap his attention back to me. " HARRY EDWARD STYLES LISTEN TO ME!" Well that got his attention. I probably woke up the neighbors with that one. And the cows. Moo. He slowly stood up from the crouched position over his suitcase and turned to face me. I smiled sweetly. "No baby yet. I need you to take me to Krispy Kreme," His jaw dropped on the floor.

"You woke me up for donuts?" He continued to gape at me. "You kept me going for so long! Chris I was almost completely packed! What the hell?'

"I-I'm really craving one and I can't drive," I said, almost whispering. I knew I could get him to take me if I acted upset.

"Alright. I guess your whacked up hormones get you out of jail free. c'mon Prego, Let's go get fat," He began walking out of the bedroom before he stopped and turned to face me. He looked up and down my body before giving me a fake sympathetic smile. "Oops, too late." I stared at him. Now my jaw was on the floor. Did he really just say that?

"Pregnant jokes aren't funny, Curly!" I shouted after him, trying to disguise the smile on my face.

* * *

The car ride was quiet, I could tell Harry was still sleepy because I woke him up so early. We pulled into the drive through and I got my two donuts. They were both gone by the time we pulled out of the parking lot. Harry continued to yawn and munch on his as we drove back home. There was half of a donut left. We were halfway home and man was I eyeballing that thing, but it was Harry's donut. Shit. You'd think 2 would be enough, but apparently not when you're uber prego. I kept staring at it. It was calling my name.. Christine! Eat me Christine! You know you want to eat all 500 of my calories! After arguing with myself weather or not I really needed that much fat, I caved. "Um Harry?" I started in that 'I want to ask you something' voice.

"Take the donut," He held out his hand and dropped the glazed miracle into my fingers.

"YES!" I started screaming and happy dancing in my seat. I was way too food motivated. Harry looked over at me.

"All that for half a donut? Really?" I simply gave him a look.

"Don't question the pregnant lady," I snapped back at him, my attention back to attacking the donut in my hands.

Harry reached down to turn up the radio for maybe 3 seconds. It only took 3 seconds for a driver to swerve out of his lane and into ours to avoid the dog. 3 seconds for the car to hit us head on. My truck was big enough and heavy enough to take the impact, but the angle of it made us spin.

My whole world slowed down. Memories clouded my vision and took over my senses. When people say your life flashes before your eyes they aren't kidding, but in my case, my life didn't flash. I relived every second, every minute, every hour of every day I had been alive. Pictures of my mothers face smiling down at me when I was a baby, the day I moved in next to Cassidy, and one special moment I had seemed to have forgotten. It was a quiet winter day when I was about 10 and my alarm went off for school. Like any normal kid I dreaded it and was praying for a snow day. I looked down at my backwards pajamas before crossing my fingers and walking towards the frosted over window in the corner of my room. I remember how magical that day felt, waking up to see exactly what you had been praying for. Sheets of sparkling ice covered the roads, making it impossible for anyone to drive away. Heaps and layers of pure, glittering, white snow was the only the thing you could see for miles! Assuming school had been cancelled, I pulled on my snow gear and went outside to play in the winter wonderland before it turned to slush and melted away. Living in Tennessee, any amount of snow got you out of school, but it would only stick around until noon most often. This white powder seemed unmeltable, but it wasn't the snow that was magical. It was the memories from that day. My mother came outside with nuts, carrots, and things to dress up a snowman. Daddy lifted me onto his shoulders with ease and hiked me to the top of a hill before plopping into a sled and shoving off towards the deserted roads. To most 10 year olds, this would be a normal snow day. It's nothing spectacular, not something many people would remember right before they die. That snow day was the last happy memory I have of my whole family. Me, Mom and Daddy, a happy family.

More days passed and I reflected on my life, realizing how lucky I had been. All too soon the past year played in front of my eyes. Niall bumping into me on the road and me meeting the boy in the hospital, our first date at Nandos, our entire relationship happened before my eyes. The night of Cassidy's conception was a scene I didn't want to see. I told my brain to fast forward but it only seemed to go in slow motion, refusing to relieve me of the heartache. When it finally passed I was treated to the most recent occurrences and my conversations with Harry. I didn't want to die, I wasn't content with my life! But death wasn't waiting on me, and the light at the end of the tunnel engulfed my body. It took me a few seconds to get comfortable with the blackness, but it felt all too familiar, too easy for death. I tried to flutter an eyelash, and my suspicions were confirmed. I wasn't dead yet. My eyes opened, blearily revealing the airbag in front of my face. I felt a strange pressure on my left hip and I looked down to see what the problem was. That's when I realized, the entire truck was turned onto its side and I was hanging in my seat.

A/N sorry not the best way to end things and definitely not my best work but, the end is near! Only a few more chapters. I tried to make this one a little happier! Well obviously not at the end. I do have to warn you though, you're gonna bawl your eyes out in the end. I'm gonna need boxes if tissues just to write it! Again, Sorry for the Awk cliffhanger and the super long wait for the update! I'll write the next chapter soon. LOVE YOU ALL!!!! xx

-Jenn