The Bite

***Mike's Point Of View***

Abby was quietly sobbing, Sam was pacing back and forth across the small room we locked ourselves in, and Em was sitting quietly in a corner looking at the ceiling. Abby had a death grip on me and wouldn't let go, I found comfort in knowing that at least I could be there for her so I just let her cry on my shoulder. We had come down to the basement and into a room with only two exits. There were monitors set up on one side, all of them showing a different room in the lodge. That bastard had been watching the entire time, filming their reactions and terrorizing them from the comfort of this room. 

All of the events that had happened so far seemed like they occurred an eternity ago. Jess was dead, Matt probably was too, Em went through hell out there with the Wendigo... The Wendigo. Those things were real and a threat to Abby and I while we were out there chasing the wrong killer. Abby had been out there by herself as bait for those monsters for who knows how long. What if she hadn't found  me? What if she had found the Wendigo instead? My grip on her tightened, my anger growing with every thought. She looked up at me and quietly asked, "What's wrong?"

I looked at her for couple of seconds, debating on whether to answer or not. She had been through enough, and she still cared for that sick bastard. "Josh could've killed you, Josh probably killed Matt. I don't give a rat's ass if it wasn't on purpose. He put all of us through hell, laughed about it to our faces, and proceeded to mock me when I accused him of killing Jess. He didn't care, he doesn't care. And now Chris is risking his life to go save the man that basically forced him to kill two of the most important people in his life. You see how fucked up this whole situation is?" 

Abby looked at me, her mind running at a thousand miles per second. She sighed and looked turned to look at Emily, who seemed to be in some sort of trance, then at Sam, who hadn't said a word since the whole ordeal. Then back at me and my hand that was now missing two fingers. "Josh needs to pay for what he did, for the hell he put Sam, Ash, and Chris through. He didn't know about the Wendigo though, he didn't know about the guy with the flamethrower. He didn't commit murder, he didn't plan for you to get hurt, or for Em to see what she did. He didn't do something so terrible that justifies him dying at the hands of those creatures. He needs help."

My grip on Abby loosened. She was right, but I was so angry and tired that I didn't care. I let go of her and walked to the other side of the room, leaving her alone to her thoughts. After what felt like an eternity I heard footsteps coming down to the basement. Abby rushed to the door and opened it, pushing me away and letting a panicked Chris and a terrified Ash come in. I promptly closed the door behind them, and silence took over for a bit. Josh and the guy with the flamethrower weren't with them.

***Abby's Point of View***

Mike letting go of me felt like a slap in the face, but I didn't really process it because soon after I heard footsteps rushing down the stairs to thee basement. I ran to the door and opened it, pushing Mike away. Chris and Ash came in, looking terrified and Mike closed the door soon after. There was no sign of Josh, or the flamethrower guy. 

"Oh my God, guys. Thank God." Emily was the first to speak,  coming out of that weird trance she was in earlier. Chris and I made eye contact for a second before he looked down.

"It's not so good up there right now-" He seemed lost and out of breath, his gaze shifting from one side of the room to the other as if he was afraid someone or something might try to jump at him.

"Chris, where's the flamethrower guy?" Sam finally spoke up, asking the question everyone had in their mind.

"Uh, yeah.. He uh..." Chris looked down to the floor.