Prologue

So for starters this is a new story that I have had in my head for awhile. It is COMPLETELY different from any other story I have written so far, so let me know if I mess up. This story is written in third person NOT FIRST. Let me know what you think of it, because it would help me out A LOT. Most of the names are Gaelic so they are spelled weird but are easy to pronounce. Sorry if it's confusing but I like to make my characters have uncommon names. Here are the pronunciations:

Aedus is Ee - dus    (Aedus means Fire)

Aislin is ASH - lin    (Aislin means Dream)

“Aedus I think you’ve had enough.” Aislin yelled trying to overpower the music and people inside of BJ’s club. Aedus shook his head and took down another shot letting it burn his throat. It was late, most likely one or two in the morning and here he was again drowning his sorrows in alcohol. He knew when he got back to the compound he would be in for it but right now he didn’t give a shit. This was kind of like his own personal ritual, or a temporary escape from the reality he called his life. He looked down into his shot glass watching the drink make rings as the bass of the music shook it.

“Fuck off Aislin,” He growled. Most people would’ve been offended or hurt by his words but she was so use to his coldness that she just brushed it off. The only reason she even put up with his shit was because she knew exactly what he was going through, seeing as they were cousins.

 “The guys are going to have your ass and you know it,” she said shaking her short cut black hair out of her heart shaped face. Her brown eyes were filled with worry and anger as she stared at Aedus taking back shot after shot.

 “Why don’t you get out of my business and let me live my life.” He growled once again this time looking her dead in the eyes. She stopped shining the cup that she had in her hand and threw it at him knowing he would either catch it or dodge it.

 “Look here E, this is my bar and I swear to Buddha and all of his little monks that if you ever disrespect me again I will cut your heart out and shove it down your throat.” She said letting her eyes turn red with anger.

 “I’m leaving anyways so I don’t really care.” Aedus mumbled before stumbling out of his seat and towards the exit. He tried shoving his way through the overly sweaty bodies that crowded the dance floor, but was stopped by a petite woman with big fake boobs and large poofy hair as she started to slowly grind herself against his body. 

 “Want to dance sexy?” She said in a sultry voice that did very little for him. His face contorted with a mixture of disgust and fear. This lady had no intention of just dancing and he knew that. Sex was not something he played with especially not with little girls like her.  

 “No now move," A growl tore through his lips as he shoved the tiny lady away. A sigh of relief left him when he pushed through the exit and felt the warm night New York air blow at him. He pulled at his shirt making sure his weapons were still hidden as he stumbled on the sidewalk. With a grumble Aedus hauled himself into a little alleyway so he could hurry up and dematerialize himself back to the compound.

 “Well well what do we have here?” He closed his eyes hearing the scratchy voice of the demon standing off to the left of him. He couldn’t really call them demons seeing as they were what he called Mortuo Lucem. But seeing as they acted like Demon spawns he gave them the nickname. He took a step back trying to get away from the dark mist that swirled around the ground encasing the monster. 

 “What do you want?” He grumbled feeling his hate and anger push through his alcoholic stupor. It was because of these damn creatures that he was the way he was. The bile rose up in his throat when he felt his head begin to swim with the images of his past. He shook his head and quickly pushed them back where they belong. His head was pounding now as was his heart making it hard for him to hear the shallow breathes the creature was taking. He stumbled a little into the wall feeling his vision clear up as his senses seemed to heighten. Covering up his nose he took a step away from the garbage bin he had been up against. How could he not  have smelled that horrendous odor? The floor was crawling with rats that were scurrying around for food while some were just trying to get away from the evil presence they felt.

 “I know it's not the nicest place for a visit but at least  I came since I promised you all those years ago we would be seeing each other again.”  The voice scraped across his body making him shudder at the evil that lurked behind it. "But anyways enough with pleasentries. I am here to give you a warning. Yes yes I know we said four-hundred years but we're only 100 or so short. The time has come though warrior you may either give her to us or we can take her, your choice."

Something changed and he knew it. He just had to find out what.

Letting the anger wash over him he whipped out his knife so fast that the motion even had him spinning a little.

 “You tell your master that he will never get his hands on her. He gave me our hundred years and that's how much time I'm getting.” He growled and shoved the tip of his knife to the demons throat letting it pierce his skin before dropping his grip and stepping back. Just as quickly as the demon appeared it left leaving nothing but a sense of darkness behind in its wake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mors Lucis is latin for Death of Light

Make sure to VOTE && COMMENT. IT WOULD MEAN THE WORLD TO ME .

-CayleeMonea