Chapter-1

Alayna

It's the 3rd anniversary of my marriage with Andrew and 5th of us meeting officially. He was famous obviously, seeing that he's rich enough to buy anything he wants within minutes and I never understand what he saw in me. I'm the girl you see living next door with black hair reaching to my waist with a fine body, plum lips, a heart-shaped face and an everlasting smile on her face. Arranging a candlelight dinner all by yourself is very tiring if you want to prepare the food along with it and make it with all your heart.

I can't believe it's been 3 years already. Time surely passes by soon. It feels like it was just yesterday that he proposed me and here we are celebrating our anniversary of 3 years. 3 years ago I was a middle-class girl working as an IT tech in his company and here I am married to the man who owns it. I must say I'm lucky to get such a caring guy. I mean he's arrogant and all but he did work a lot to make me fall for him. Though it was love at first sight for me I could never agree as he was a playboy before. You all may think what if he lost his interest in me and would've left me, will you be thinking the same words? My answer will be a yes. I mean sure I'll miss him but at least I can love and marry someone else right?

It's true that life is never fair to us and we should be grabbing an opportunity when we get one. But honestly, what I feel is that if we are destined to get something we do get it. No matter how much we relent not wanting it, we will eventually get it. I mean look at me, when I first saw him I thought that I'll steer clear of him and never cross paths with him seeing that I already fell for him. But to my astonishment, I got to work directly for him. Don't ask me why. He said and I quote "Loyal people these days are very rare these days and I want as many of them as possible working for and with me." I must say, he really is a man of words. No wonder he's successful. His arrogance is always intact as he doesn't want his staff to think that if he isn't like this they'll start slacking their work. Though it isn't a valid reason, it works for him, though he tells please every now and then when they are absolutely needed and that's enough for me.

I have a bad intuition and mind you my intuition is never wrong and I feel like something seriously wrong is gonna happen. What is that might possibly go wrong? I don't know. Dinner is done, all the candles are settled in their places, I've to get ready and last minute preparations will be done by the maid. I'm getting ready especially today because it's our anniversary, of course, I'm wearing the dress he gifted me for the first time along with diamond hangings and my lucky bracelet. I'm never a fan of accessories and jewelry but he loves to shower me with them. Being a billionaire, he needs to maintain his image though, even he can't help it. But I love the attention he gives me like I'm the only one that matters in the world to him. I mean which girl doesn't want the attention of the guy she loves? My dress is a frock which reaches above my knees having a sweetheart neckline and lace until my shoulder. I matched it with my silver stilettos and some light makeup with a smokey eyeshadow. Now I'm ready for our anniversary and I'm so giddy to let him know something.

I'm arranging the dishes on the dining table when the doorbell rings. Damn! He came early today, never mind I'll ask the maid to set it up and I'll distract him until then. Thinking so, I open the door with a wide smile on my face only to be greeted by his secretary Stacy with a worried expression. "Hello Ma'am" she greets. "Hey is everything alright?" I ask her softly. "No, I mean yes everything is alright. Thanks for asking by the way. Is anyone home?" she asks me looking around and over her shoulder while waiting for my reply. Ok? Something is seriously wrong.
"No one is at home. You need something?" I ask her and she just stares at me for a while and gives me an envelope discreetly and asks me to give it to Andrew immediately and directly not to anyone else without opening it.

Obviously, I won't show it to anyone. What is she even thinking? That I'll parade it all over New York? "What's wrong Stace?" I ask her and she shakes her head and gives me a sad smile and walks away but not before saying that I look extremely gorgeous. Hmm! Weird. You see me and she never got along when I used to work for him. She had a crush on him ever since and thought that I was a distraction for him as he never paid her attention whenever I was around.