chapter 8

12:01 p.m.

I woke up the next morning with a little extra pep in my step.

'Today is the day!!' I squealed while getting out of bed. I still couldn't believe that I was going out with Justin today. he said he was picking me up at 7, so I had time. And yes I know, I get out of bed late, but whatever. I decided to hop in the shower, so that's exactly what I did. I dried my soft brown hair after I was done and straightened it. I then through on some black sweats from Pink and my red and gold sweatshirt from when I was on my high school's varsity cheerleading squad this past winter. I know what your thinking, sweats and a sweatshirt in the summer? Trust me, I don't even know. But whatever. I went downstairs, grabbed my flip flops and my Vera Bradley wristlet, and headed out the door. I decided to go to Starbucks, so I hopped in my black Chevy, put the keys in the ignition, and started to drive off.

***
When I arrived, I got in line and waited for my turn.

"Can I help you?" My eyes shot up, recognizing the considerably familiar tone of voice.

"No friggin' way, JAKE?!"

"YES!! Hey Carleigh!!" Jake yelled. Jake was my best friend growing up and still is now. I would say that both Kaitlyn and Jake are my best friends, but I haven't seen Jake in years.

"OMG what are you doing here?!"

"Working...duh"

"Oh, haha right. well um, can I order?" I asked, looking back and seeing a whole bunch of angry faces.

"Yeah, yeah! of course!"

"okay well I will have a grande java chip Frapuccino with whipped cream please." I said with a smile.

"of course! anything else?"

"nope! that's it!"

"okay well your total comes to $0, it's on me today," Jake said with a wink.

"oh no I couldn't ask you for that..."

"Yes Carleigh, it's on me, and I'm not taking no for an answer."

"okay well than thank you!!"

"no problem!"

I couldn't get over how sweet of him that was.  Man I wish he texted me letting me know he was in town!! I decided to grab a table and go on my phone, while waiting for my coffee. I decided to go on Instagram, so I clicked on the app on my iPhone, and it opened to my feed. I scrolled through for a few seconds, when I saw that my notifications started going crazy. I had 1,000 new followers, 852 mentions, and 11,456 likes.  'Whoa', I thought. 'what the heck?'

I clicked on my notification button, and clicked on one of my mentions. There was a post that showed up of Justin hugging me last night, and of us walking out together. The captions read "who is she?", "ew she's ugly", "aww they are so cute!!", "Justin's got a new girl already? Man he's got chicks falling all over him", "wth she's a slut" and so many more. Honest to god, I was overwhelmed and hurt. Who do they think they are judging me like this when it isn't even true? I decided to post a pic, myself and tell them what was up. So I held my phone I front of me and made a cute duck face.

"hey guys, I just wanted to tell u that Justin and I aren't dating and that we honestly just met last night. sorry for all of the confusion, but wait for me to verify rumors for you, not the public. xx"

Once I was satisfied with the caption, I posted it, and instantly got 500 likes. Well then, okay.

"Carleigh? Carleigh hello?" Jake said with a little bit of panic, making me snap my head towards him as if I was possessed.

"oh hey, I'm sorry I was just on Instagram, look at this." I showed him all of the comments, pictures, and new followers I had.

"Whoa," was all Jake said.

"I know right...like what the heck?"

"No, WHOA, you met Justin Bieber?!"

"Yeah, yeah long story. In fact..." I leaned in close to him so I could whisper, "...I'm going on a date with him tonight."

Jake's mouth dropped to the floor, literally.

"NO FRIGGIN' WAY"

"YES FRIGGIN' WAY!! I KNOW RIGHT!!"

"Holy crap Carleigh that was been your dream since forever!"

"I know!!"

"Wait hold up, are you sure ur not just using him?"

"uh, excuse me?"

"no, like, are you sure that u seriously like this guy? or are you just going for the popularity and because it's Justin Bieber"

"Jake, are you kidding me? When he walking into the room of the M&G, I felt something, and I think he did too. whenever I would talk, he would blush. It was honestly adorable, but still. and when we sat down and chatted about hockey, it was like I was talking to a normal person, not just some superstar. I definitely like this guy, and no I'm not "using him". I mean like, come on," I said with a hint of sarcasm, while raising my eyebrow.

Jake then raised both hands up in the hair like he was innocent. "okay, okay your right, I'm sorry. but please don't get hurt, don't assume stuff, just let it happen."

"okay I will, thanks Jake." I said with a smile and hugged him.

"Your welcome, oh and here's your coffee," he said while laughing.

"haha, thanks!"

He then got up, waved goodbye, and went back behind the counter.

Well I better get going, I have to get ready!!

So I got up, grabbed my coffee, and headed back to my Chevy. And he only thing on my mind was Justin :).

******************
A/N: I hope you enjoyed!! what do you think will happen next? Comment down below!!