f i v e

When you don't update your story, so the people who actually read it probably hate you. #relatable, amirite?

Reid's POV

  My first date with Morgan is in a few hours, and obviously I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I know it's completely ridiculous, seeing as I have known him for years and we hang out all the time. I finished getting ready a while ago to pass time. Morgan told me to dress casual, so I hope what I'm wearing is casual enough.
I don't have any clue where we are going or what we are going to do; it doesn't really matter, though, what we do. We could sit in complete silence and I'd be happy. Any time I spend with Morgan is worth spending.

| | |

Each remaining hour until our date slowly passes by when I hear a strong knock on my door.
"FBI, open up!"
I laugh to myself and open the door with a, probably ridiculous, grin on my face.
"You look great," he looks at me and smiles, making me without a doubt blush.
"You do, too."
"Are you ready?"
"I have actually been ready for hours."
He holds a smile on his face, still looking at me. He grabs my hand. "Come on, pretty boy." He squeezes my hand gently, making me look at him. He leans in to put his lips softly on mine, giving me a peck on the lips.

| | |

Morgan's eyes are planted on the road as he drives. I sit there, watching him. I'm not sure how I got someone like Derek Morgan, but I'm thankful.
"What's up, pretty boy?"
I snap out of my trance, focusing on him, "Huh?"
"You haven't stopped looking at me for a few minutes now."
"I'm just wondering how I ended up with you."
He smiles, turning his attention back to the road, "You could land anyone, Reid."
"Anyone isn't you." He takes a hand off the wheel and places it into mine.
"I love you." Even after a week, I still get that feeling in the pit of my stomach when he tells me he loves me.
"And I love you," I tell him, moving my hand to hold his.
"We're here," he announces, pulling into a park.
Once the car is stopped, I unbuckle my seat belt and open the door.
Once we are both out of his car, we continue to the park walking side by side.
"Wait." He stops in his tracks.
"What?" I stop as well, looking at him.
"I forgot something in the car," he tells me as he is walking back to the car.
I look at the two kites in his hand as he's jogging lightly to me.
"What are those for?"
"Today, we are going to fly these kites," he wraps his arm around me and we continue to the park.
"That sounds great."

| | |

Morgan's POV

"Finally! I got it to fly!" He jumps in the air in excitement. I look over at him and laugh.
"I told you that you could do it." Reid smiles at me proudly and with love.
He walks over to me carefully, "Have you noticed the guy that won't quit staring at us?" He whispers in my ear.
"Yeah, I thought I was the only one who noticed," I look over at the glaring man, trying not to look obvious.
"Want to go back to my apartment in a few minutes?"
"We can go now if you want."
"Yeah, he's really making me uncomfortable."
"Okay, then let's go." I look at the man once more; what's his deal?"

• • •

I'M SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN LIKE A THOUSAND YEARS. I WAS SO STUMPED ON WHERE TO GO W THIS, BUT NOW I'VE GOT IT. I MIGHT UPDATE AGAIN TODAY OR PERHAPS TOMORROW BC I ACTUALLY KNOW WHERE I'M GOING W THE NEXT CHAPTER. THANK YOU TO THE ONES I HAVE MADE WAIT. xx LOVE Y'ALL