She needed to find herself a diversion, she needed something to do. She knew that if Grayson didn't show up, she was going to need everything she could to keep her heart from breaking. Her mind was in a whirlwind, she didn't know what to do. She was so sure that he would come for her, but what if he didn't?

Joyce knew that her granddaughter was heartbroken, she would be to if this had happened to her. She felt her own heart breaking at the mere thought of Lucy waiting around for Grayson. She knew that Sarah was lying about Grayson being the father of her child. She could be lying about the whole being with child. She wouldn't put it past her to do something like that, she was that type of girl. She seemed the type that if she didn't get what she wanted. That she would do something drastic and stupid to get it.

Ashley and Joyce had discussed the whole issue to a degree of at a loss of what was taking Grayson so long. They both knew that this would kill poor Lucy, knowing that if she did lie about it. That if she was with child, then who was the father. Sarah wasn't one to tell, just so she could get the title and wealth of being a Duchess. She was a title hunter, she wanted the highest rung on the social ladder. If the Prince of England would even glance her way, she would try to sink her claws into him.

They were about to take tea when a rider came down the drive. The butler was handed a letter for Ashley. It was from her mother, she wanted to advise her on the current situation. Ashley broke the seal and began to read the letter.

My darling daughter,

       How I have missed you so, I do hope that this letter finds you well. I do hope that Joyce and our dear Lucy are well also. I am writing to you to let you know that it will be a little longer before this mess has cleared up. In fact it has gotten worse, your brother rarely comes out of the study. In fact he is always intoxicated here of late. He misses Lucy and is afraid that she will not have him after everything is all said and done. Sarah had lied about being with child, she lied to her family and friends. She refuses to leave the estate, she has tried to throw herself at your brother many times. Grayson refuses to even look at her, so now we are waiting for the magistrate to arrive to forcefully remove Sarah and her father. After that then your brother and I will come fetch you, that is if Lucy still cares for your brother. I shall await to hear from you my darling daughter, I do hope that Lucy could write something for your brother. I am afraid he is slowly killing himself, he is afraid she won't have anything to do with him. Such a letter will help him to come to his senses, he would start to look better if he did. Please my dear give my regards to Joyce and Lucy. I just hope that things all work out in the end for all of us. I must go before our unwanted guests start to snoop, be careful my darling. I shall see you soon.

                                                                                              Love always,

                                                                                    Your mother , Marybeth

Ashley smiled with relief at the good news, she handed the letter to Joyce. She then ran up the stairs unlady like to Lucy's bedroom door. She stopped and knocked a couple of times, " Lucy dear, I have had a letter from mother. I have some news about Grayson and I think you should hear about it."  She stood there until Lucy opened the door. She was tired looking as usually, Ashley had a small smile on her face.

Lucy was wanting to know what her future was going to be. So she let her in to hear the news about Grayson. As Ashley regaled the letter to Lucy, she watched as Lucy frowned more if that was possible. She knew that Lucy was happy at the news of there not being a child involved in this mess. She immediately chirped up a bit when she found out what she needed to do.

Lucy went to her writing table and took out a couple pieces of writing paper and started to dip her pen in ink. She wrote a letter to Grayson, she needed to say what she needed to say to him. She was now worried about him. Hearing that he was drinking brandy every second of the day. So she was left in piece to write and seal her letter to Grayson. She felt her deadened heart skip a beat, was this finally going to go her way?