Chapter 11

new chapter, yay!

and also, follow me on twitter @thisisme_polly! :)

check out the video that SallySale made for this story! youtube link on the side :)

and also, thank you to daniellex13 for making the book cover on the side :)

AND ALSO, i picked out a cast for this story. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW AND PREFER MAKING UP YOUR OWN CHARACTERS, DON'T LOOK AT IT! fair warning.

okay, i'll shut up now :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stand awkwardly by the doorway for a few seconds and Ms. Lewinski looks at me oddly.

“Well? Take a seat.”

Snapping out of my trance, I mutter a sorry and hurry towards the far end of the classroom. Jace takes a different route and end up beside Ms. Lewinski and starts whispering something about sleeping in because he was too wrapped up in a novel she had recommended. Yeah, right. Unsurprisingly, he receives a beaming smile and a nod. How he gets away with everything so flawlessly is a mystery to me.

When Jace starts making his way towards our row, Ms. Lewinski turns her attention back to the class.

“Okay guys, like I already said, this is Josh and he’s going to be with us ‘til the rest of the year,” she said impatiently. “Josh, go take a seat and we can get started with our lesson that was delayed by some certain”—glare at me—“events.”

Because Jace is taking his sweet time, not a care in the world, getting to his seat, Josh looks at the empty chair beside me and starts walking towards it. Unacceptable. There is absolute no – freaking – way that I’m going to let him sit beside me. I never imagined that I would say this but I would rather sit beside Jace for the rest of my life. Why?

Let me tell you something about Josh. First of all, he’s a jerk – complete disregard for everyone’s feelings other than his own. Second of all, he’s a jerk – thinks that the universe revolves around him. And, third of all, he’s a jerk – undependable and unreliable, unless you rely on him to be a jerk.

They both reach my desk at the same time and before Josh can sit down, Jace tosses his books on the table and gives him a quizzical look. Obviously Josh wouldn’t get the message, so he just stands there. I roll my eyes.

“Hey, Jace? I didn’t really get the 3rd question we got for homework. Can I see your paper?” I ask, glancing at him and ignoring the other one.

Jace looks confused be obliges anyways, sitting down cautiously as if I’m going to bite his head off any moment. Whatever. He should be glad I’m being nice to him. When Josh finally gets it, he nods his head at me and turns away, sitting in the empty spot in front of Cameron a minute later. I smile in victory and pretend to flip through Jace’s homework – a blank page.

“You do realize that I didn’t do my homework, right?” Jace whispers amusedly.

“Mm-hmm,” I reply, distracted.

He leans over to peek his notebook. “So what are you doing then…?”

I smirk and swat his head away. “Don’t worry about it.”

Focusing back to the lesson, I keep the smile on my face. If there ever was an upside to me fooling around (not that kind of fooling around, but you know what I mean) then this is it. I can do whatever I need to do while thwarting off Josh and his…whatever at the same time. And that is a very settling thought.