Chapter 10. Repercussions

Start from the beginning

"Venus," He says. I keep my back to him.

His footsteps come close to me and with each step goosebumps gather on my forearms. I wait for him to say or do something, and he does. He hovers behind me, his fingers drag up my arm painfully slowly. I feel his warmth as he presses his hard chest to my back. I gasp and feel those damn tingles and butterflies. What is happening to me? What does he do to me that no one else can or ever has done? Not even . . .

He kisses the crook of my neck, and I lean my head back against his chest.

"I'm confused too. But," He adds another kiss up my neck. I grab hold of the counter to keep myself up. "I want to see you again," He murmurs against my skin. My reaction to him is incredibly strong and fast, and has me on my toes.

"Me too," I breathe out mindlessly. He steps back and allows me to regain my composure. God knows I need it desperately.

"I'll drive you home," He suddenly says and pulls my head. "What about the stuff we made?" I asked absentmindedly. A small smile tugs at the corners of his lips.

"I'll bring them by tomorrow," He interjects my thoughts. I begin to think of all the ways that could go wrong should he appear at my work tomorrow.

Marge will surely rip her hair out at the idea of him there for me, yet of course she won't go deeper into the subject. Moira will either give me a thumbs up and a wink or she'll stand there with disbelief on her face. As for Will, I have no clue how he'll react. Though I wouldn't blame him if he is angry.

"Um," Is all I can manage with. He senses my unease and laughs.

"Don't worry, I'll drop them off at your house when I can."

I nod and the two of us leave, but not without him locking up.

-

I know it's a different nightmare this time. The air is different. I look down and I'm wearing what I wore last night. That grey sweater and leggings. For once, I'm my exact age in this one.

I look around helplessly and I realize I'm back in the haunting streets of Chicago. An ominous feeling creeps into my stomach and I know we're here again, and it's that same scene. It's the all too familiar alley, where everything went wrong. Well, not everything. Most of it was wrong anyways.

I look around and I don't see my mom's flustered and disheveled blonde locks anywhere. Instead, there's something beyond the corner, a noise. I walk a bit closer despite the way my insides coil. The noise, I realize, is a growl. I don't know what comes over me and I know I'm no longer in control of my dream. My feet take off in the opposite direction, but I hit something and fall on my ass.

I look up and notice Demetri. His hands are in his pockets, and a wicked smile is plastered on his face.

"D-"

But he reaches down and grabs my hand. I am about to thank him, but instead, he turns us towards the alley again, and begins to drag me against my will. I struggle and move. "Stop it! Get off!"

But his amazing strength hurls me to the hidden side of the alley way, where I tumble to the ground, and when I open my eyes, there are huge black paws near my tiny hands. I slowly look up to see daunting yellow eyes that are almost neon in the darkness. His teeth glisten in the moonlight, and his long fangs show since his lip is curled into a snarl.

I look back and Demetri is gone. But I look to see the wolf again, and he opens his jaws and-

I awake with a startled scream, my arms jerking up into the air. Damp streaks of my hair cascade down my cheeks. I do my best to breathe in and out in a normal fashion rather than short and ragged pants.

I fall back onto my pillow, and try to calm my beating heart. That nightmare was different from the rest, but the image of Demetri dragging me towards the beast haunts my memory all through the morning. I make some coffee, but mid pour, I begin to think about the dream again.

"Shit!" I curse as steaming hot liquid trickles down my wrist. I race to the sink and run my hand under the faucet. I want to scream in frustration at my lack of attention.

-

After showering away my nightmares, which I pushed the edge of my mind, I dress in some simple jeans and hoodie. I had finished the book that Richard had allowed me to borrow, so I figured that I might as well return it. I also figured maybe I could ask about what he and that guy were arguing about the other day.

I quickly leave this pathetic excuse of an apartment and make my way to the book store. It feels refreshing to be away from both work and the intense Demetri. Last night also plays in my mind on repeat. 

I know it's short, but it was a double update and I just need a break and thought I'd give you guys a little something. 

VOTE AND COMMENT :D

The Waitress and the Wolf (Book 1 of The Guardian series)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara