Her frown

The sun was crimson red during the evening, setting the whole sky on fire. Eighteen years old Sharon Hassan was staring at the sky from the window of her room on second floor. Her mind spinning with muddled thoughts. She wasn't examining the sky, but the flames of fire burning the blue peaceful sky. Couple of hours later all that'll be left of the sky will be ashes. Pitch darkness. What really bothers her is how the sky is given life by the same sun that burns it? Her mind racked for answers but she wasn't able to comprehend the enigma of universe.

"Sharon, come down. Your friend is here to see you." A woman's voice startled Sharon and she shook her head as if to assemble her distorted thoughts. She stood up and tied her long brown hair with a scrunchie. Standing before the mirror was a young woman with hazel eyes and round nose. She looked slim in the skinny jeans and red tank top she was wearing. She flipped her hair in an admiring way and opened the door of her room to head downstairs.

Tanya was sitting on the sofa, chattering pleasantly with mum. Looking at her, Sharon didn't see just an average plump girl with short wavy black hair and dark brown eyes and round face, she saw her best friend. A best friend who has been with her through every up and down of life from eight years.

"There she is, what were you doing? We were suppose to go shopping today." Tayna smiled at her and her smile emitted such warmth that Sharon suddenly wanted to hug her, to thank her for bearing up with her for such a long time. Sharon frowned as to why she is being so sentimental? It's not like we are going to leave each other. She thought.
Tayna lowered her gaze when she saw Sharon frown in response to her smile. A thousand thoughts blasted her mind all at once. Is Sharon angry at me for some reason? Why did she frown? Am I in trouble?
For Tayna, Sharon was more than a best friend, she was her guide, her mentor, who helped her in every phase and difficulty of life.
Tayna cleared her throat and looked at Sharon again. Her face  held varied expressions of confusion, anxiety, love, kindness and above all warmth.

"Hey Tayna, let's go." Sharon beamed. Tayna let out a satisfied breath. She said good bye to Sharon's mum and headed for the door along with her best friend.

Hey guys, that's all for today. Keep on voting. :)