Emily's POV

"Hey, Lee!" I say as he steps into the front seat of my car, well, Emmett's car. He doesn't acknowledge me, he just sits down, closes the door and stares out the windshield. Another tough therapy session. It seems like that's all they ever have.

My thoughts are interrupted by a knock on my window. I look to see Parker standing there looking defeated. I roll down the window with a sigh.

"Hey," I say, trying to be cheerful.

"Hey yourself," he says with a sigh. "Look, we had a really bad one, so try to cheer him up, please. I tried to talk to him but he won't talk to me." Awe, caring Parker is much better than angry Parker. "And would you mind him staying at your place tonight?" I sigh, but nod. He always does this after a bad session. He just ships Lee off to me and Emmett.

"Yeah, no problem, and I got this. I told you, I have an amazing plan for today. I really think he'll enjoy himself, and if hr doesn't.. Well, we'll just see what happens," I tell him. He just smile and leans forward to kiss my forehead.

"Have fun, and be careful," he reminds us.

"Always," I say with a smile. He smiles sadly and backs up. I roll up my window and pull out, waving to him as we pass. "Okay, Lee, what do you want to do today?" No reply. "You for sure get to pick lunch today." Still no reply.

"Okay, fine. We'll do what I have planned and see if that'll help you pick something. Just so you know, I think you'll like what I have planned," I tell him. No reply. I look over to see if anything has changed, but he's still just staring out the windshield. This might be just a tad bit harder than I thought.

I start driving to the first place I had planned. Lee had been talking about an art festival a town over, and he said he wanted to go see it. I managed to pre-order some tickets, so we would have a definite chance at getting to go, even if we never got to go, we would still have the tickets.

I asked Parker if I could have today with Lee, because Lee means so much to me and I need to show him how important he is. He was always there for me when I was having problems, and he will never realize how grateful I am. Lee's depression has been getting a lot worse and I need to show him how much he matters, and that he is a great kid. It won't just happen in one day, but I want to have today be the day that I, personally, show him how important he is. I know that sounds cheesy, but its true.

About twenty minutes after we start our drive, we enter the town where the festival is being held. This means that we should be there in about another ten minutes. I notice Lee shoot me a confused glance.

"What?" I ask him, silently hoping he'll respond.

"What are we doing a town over?" He asks quietly. I try to fight a grin. This is a step up. He still doesn't seem happy, but its a step up.

"Well, I recall someone mentioning an art festival nearby.." I tell him, leaving that hanging. I can feel his head snap to me.

"Are you shitting me right now?" He asks. I shake my head.

"Nope. The tickets are reserved at with the manager, so we would have a definite chance of going." He doesn't reply, he just stares at me open mouthed. I fight a grin. "We don't have to go if you don't wan-"

"We're going!" I grin.

"Okay." I don't really like art the way he does, but I knew it'd make him happy.

We don't talk for the other few minutes of the drive, but soon we're pulling up to the fair grounds where its being held. I can see Lee bouncing in his seat. Well that was a quick mood change.

Before I even put the car into park, Lee is out of his seat and rushing over to my door. I laugh slightly as I put the keys into my bag. I open the door and step out.
Right as I shut the door I'm tackled. I look over to see Lee. I laugh and pat his shoulder, not really sure how to respond.