Stopping us in the middle of nowhere, I stared at the empty space in front of us that wasn’t grounded by sand or grass but by cement. It was a little empty lot that I bet could barely fit two people, but if that’s what he prepared, then so be it.

          Well, needless to say I’m willing to do whatever it takes to spend more time with him.

          “So, what do you think?”

          I pushed every single thought away from my head and turned to him with a tight smile. There’s no way I’m going to be a hundred percent truthful about it. “I think it’s… cool.”

          “Babe,” he chuckled cutely, making me purse my lips in. “Has anyone ever told you how bad you are at lying?”

          “Hey!” I exclaimed in offense; my eyebrows furrowing together to form a light frown. “That’s mean and offensive, and absolutely true. But I promise I wasn’t lying. It is cool.”

          Laughing slightly at my extremely stupid reaction, he took me by the hips and pulled me into a hug, warming my senses up. I almost struggled hiding my inner emotions. “Do you think I’m really that silly to let you suffer a date on the ground with me?”

          “What?” I arched an eyebrow in confusion. “What are you talking about? I don’t get it.”

          Without uttering another word, he gently folded his fingers beneath mine and spun me around so that I was facing a cube-sized wooden table with two chairs tucked in facing each other and many rose petals sprawled all across the top of the table.

          Not only that thought, there were three long candles in the middle of the table with two packs of McDonald’s at each side, plus a bouquet of mixed-colored roses settled nicely on the chair right before me—my favorite.

          “Wow,” I let out a breath, feeling stunned. “Did you do this?” I asked in awe, allowing my eyes to wander all over what was right in front of me to try and absorb it all in at once, again.

          Cody stood in front of me and flashed me a grin; one that I couldn’t recognize whether it was in mischief or something else.

          “Yes, I did. Well, technically. I didn’t exactly have time and I knew you wouldn’t believe me if I lied saying I was needed in the studio when really, I’m just coming over to prepare this, so,” he took a deep, deep breath, “yeah. I hope you like it enough.”

          “Like it,” I nodded understandingly, shooting him a neutral look. “Yeah, it’s cool. I like it.”

          “Well, good to know.”

          I know he wasn’t happy with that lie though.

          Deciding not to contain any more of my excitement, I pounced on him and wrapped my legs around his torso; arms around his neck, taking him off guard as anxiety washed over me. “Ugh, I can’t believe you didn’t see through me—I don’t just like it, silly. I love it!

          He let out another chuckle before wrapping his arms tightly around me to hold me up. “Well, now I’m the happiest, all thanks to you.”

          Laughing at my own craziness, I hopped off him though keeping my arms around him because I have yet to do something the whole day. Five seconds before I slowly connected our lips together, I flashed him the biggest grin I have in a while, that only he could make me do.