Egg on One's Face

Start from the beginning

"There's no need for snide remarks Nikolaus," Mrs. Heilburg whispered, "not in front of the guests."

"Calm down uncle," a cousin of Medic's said, "Joseph finally found a voman to settle in vith, isn't zhat great?"

"Zhe least he could haff done vas pick someone who vould match his age." spatted the old man.

Your cheeks burned crimson. "If I may say, sir," you began, "me and Joseph's ages are legal. There is nothing wrong with our relationship."

"Oh, did zhe doctor tell you zhat?" Nikolaus countered, greatly displeased that someone talked back to him in such a manner, "vell, he may know vhat is good for others, but he clearly doesn't know vhat is good for him."

"Give your son a break, Nikolaus," an uncle retorted, "he's seldom here and now he's brought a guest over. Don't you think it's time for a change?"

The old man shrugged it off and looked away, refusing eye contact from anybody. Some of the parents, seeing the situation getting tenser by the minute, have bribed their children with candy and other sweets to take with outside while they play. Soon, innocent faces left the table, and the only ones that remained were you, the doctor, Mr. and Mrs. Heilburg, Stephan, Gretel, Nikolaus' brothers and some cousins.

"Vhat is wrong, Nikolaus?" asked his eldest brother, "vhy is it so hard?"

"Vhy can't you just forgive Joseph?"

Forgive? Did he do something wrong?

"Stephan almost died..." he replied quietly through gritted teeth.

Medic dropped the spoon onto his plate, his hands shaking as cold sweat beaded his brow. Stephan cleared his throat and faced his father.

"Vater, zhat vas a long time ago...I vasn't seriously hurt."

"He tried to experiment on you, Stephan!"

"Ve vere children, Vater!"

"Everyone, STOP!" Medic yelled, face flushed, dripping with sweat. "JUST STOP! Stop rubbing it in my face!"

"Rubbing what?!" Nikolaus fired back, standing abruptly, "your mistake?!"

"Yes, MY MISTAKE!" the doctor bawled, rising up in the same manner, "my mistake zhat you never allowed me to live down- my mistake zhat caused me to question myself, and my mistake zhat made me vant to kill myself!"

You gasped as a tear ran down his face. You've never seen him like this...and you never wanted to. Quickly, you stood up and gently patted his back, encouraging him to calm down and take deep breaths.

"Joseph..." Mrs. Heilburg said sadly, lips quivering as she registered his words, "is...is zhat vhy you vere at zhe swamp?"

His face turned white as tears streamed down his dear mother's face. The sound of her broken voice shattered his heart, and he couldn't take it anymore. He hurt her. He felt like a monster. That night came back to him, the police sirens, the blinding light...the murky water and his brother and mother's screams.

Joseph!

Mother, look!

Ma'am, we're going to have to tell you to stand back.

We found a body! Quickly, it's warm- it's still alive!

...beep...beep...beep...

Medic turned back to leave, but he heard a scream and he turned to find you face to face with his father.

"What kind of a father are you?!" you cried, "you are suppose to be there for him; help him in his time of need- but it seems as if you're the one driving him to his problems!"

"You haff no right to talk to me like zhat!"

"He wanted to kill himself!"

"You don't know vhat happened so you better purse your mouth or I vill drag you out of zhis house!"

You were surprised and taken back by the fierceness in his voice. You suddenly grew scared of his threats. What have I done? You felt your cheeks burning from the embarrassment, the unsettling eyes of everyone around you making you shift uncomfortably.

"You vill not talk to her like zhat." Medic said, taking your hand as he led you to your room. "Come (Y/N), let us retire for zhe night."

"You shouldn't haff come." the old man whispered bitterly.

"You're right," Medic replied, "it vas a mistake coming here."

Time Skip

You lay on your bed, tears streaming down your cheeks as the embarrassment from awhile ago persisted to make its way through your head.

"Frau?"

You quietly wiped your tears away, sniffling as your back faced the doctor. You couldn't look into his eyes. How could I? After I embarrassed him. You took it all out on his father without having any clear detail of the incident that really took place many years ago. I must've sounded so stupid...

"Frau, bitte, I need to see you." he whispered, wrapping his arms on your waist to turn you over to him. Your red, puffy eyes met his as he wiped more of your tears away. A sad smile found its way on both your faces as he turned the lamp on, wanting to get a clearer view of you.

"Ve vill go tomorrow Schatz," he said, "if zhat's vhat you vant."

"No- don't worry about me," you said quickly, "I'll be fine...your mother really wants you to stay. I know it."

"Schatz-"

"Come on," you insisted, "this will be the first Christmas you'll spend with your family since you joined the team... you don't get this opportunity every year."

"Vhat good is it if all it's going to come to is zhis?"

The sadness in his voice lingers, and you leaned in to give him a kiss, hoping it will comfort him. Medic wasn't content and pulled your face to him, assaulting your lips with his. The warm, velvet feel of it made you wonder why you were in such a pathetic state as before. He lightly bit your lower lip and pulled away, leaving you panting and breathless and begging for more.

"M-Medic!" you gasped as the doctor hoisted you up on your knees with surprising strength, effortlessly pulling you to his body. He kissed the side of your neck with wanting as his hands roamed your figure, very subtly peeling your garments off and leaving them haphazardly on the bed.

"Medic, it's cold..." you whispered shakily as he took his shirt off. His warm hands stroked your bare skin, enticing you to meet his desires.

"I know Frau," you heard him growl behind your neck as he carried you to the fireplace,laying you down on the carpeted floor, "vhich is vhy ve'll need zhis...you are stressed, ja?"

You nodded and arched your back as he ground his hips against yours. You tried to keep in your moans, fearing someone might hear them. But Medic assured you that the doors were soundproofed, so no sound comes in or out.

"Let me hear you bitte," he groaned, nuzzling his nose against your chest as he kissed the skin there, "don't hold back lieb."

You complied and pulled him closer to you as he established the much awaited connection. He smirked as he observes you, face contorted with both pain and pleasure...it was the same look he had when you two first made love.

"I promise...it'll just be you and me tonight."

Welp. There ya go, another chapter. Thanks again for all the views. And remember- 4 chapters left my loves! :*