002

( elle, mystic falls )

"elyse!" elena calls as soon as the blonde vampire walks into the mystic grill. 'elyse' rolls her electric blue eyes before promptly putting a fake smile on her face. she spins around to be met with elena standing before her, stefan's arm wrapped around her waist.

"hi guys!" 'elyse' gushes. over the last hundred years she had gotten used to acting and could now easily create a complete facade, meaning she was able to fool the mystic falls 'scooby gang' and gain their trust.

elle been in mystic falls for almost a month now. new name, clothes, story, it all came with her life. elle knew she could never get too comfortable here, for she knew that sooner or later he would show up, for the same reason she, herself was in this deadbeat town. their curse.

elle had managed to become friends with bonnie, elena and caroline, along with the rest of the gang. they think that she is a 200 year old 'good' vampire, and are completely unaware that their friend 'elyse' was much more powerful than they could imagine. the original and the mystic falls gang originally became 'friends' when elle had graciously helped rid the town of the tomb vampires. she called herself elyse astor, said she was 213 and from california.

"we need your help." stefan says, before explaining their situation with katherine. elle and a lot of the vampire community had been aware of the salvatore's bond with katherine for a long time now. the tragic story of her picking stefan over damon and then them both ending up dead to protect the bitch. what a waste.

if they seriously think that their biggest problem is katerina then they've got another thing coming when niklaus inevitably comes to town.

elle masks her usual devious smirk with her best worried face before agreeing to the plan. they all head back to the salvatore boarding house where damon, caroline and the others are planning.

"elyse!" damon claps his hands as she enters the house. "just the person we need to help us kill the bitch."

elle smirks and joins damon at the table where he is planning. the older salvatore wraps an arm lazily around her waist as he explains where they are so far, pointing at various weapons of alaric's and explaining what they do.

unbeknownst to the rest of them, elle had her own agenda when it came to killing katherine. niklaus and herself were excruciatingly close to breaking the curse centuries ago, before katerina ruined everything when she turned herself. damon and stefan were definitely not the only ones out for revenge.

"so that's the plan." damon finishes his brief, smirking at the blonde next to him. elle knew she couldn't face katherine directly because she'd recognise her and blow her well put together cover, but it didn't mean that she couldn't watch her downfall from the sidelines.

tonight's the night katherine dies.

after the party finishes elle wanders outside for some fresh air while stefan and damon take katherine's body to the tomb. elle had managed to detach damon's hands from her body and stopped the constant stream of compliments that she knew were specifically designed to get her in his bed. as soon as the vampire had seen elle arrive in her curve-hugging floor length dress, he'd been all over her.

while the plan didn't go perfectly as katerina was in fact still breathing, she was suffering so elle would have to settle for 'good enough'.

while the original is staring at the stars she lets her mind wander and can't stop the suppressed memories of her life coming through. her real life, not the one she had made up as to not be identified. she had a family in the form of the mikaelsons, love and a home, while now she was no better than any traveller — constantly running and never being able to settle down anywhere. the blonde original had been running for the better part of a century and it begged the question; is this life really better than one in a box? she doesn't often let herself think about her past, knowing it's no use. she is not the person she once was.

when elle finally brings herself back to the land of the living, shaking off thoughts of the mikaelsons, she turns to walk back to the house but is stopped when she feels a needle stabbed into the nape of her neck. before she can react to the attack, her knees go weak and her veins start to burn. vervain.