Chapter Twelve: Cursed Snow

((Above is a picture of Fuyu. In no way do I own this image.))

"Woah!" Fuyu shouted. "It's snowing!"

"Huh? That's strange. It hasn't snowed for years." You remarked, looking out the window.

"Last time it snowed was three years ago, when Isabel came." Natsu said. "The first winter."

"Always have a good memory, eh, Natsu?" You chuckled, fluffing the boy's hair as he ducked away.

"Mommy! Look, it's snowing outside!" Fuyu shouted, but their was no response. "Mommy?"

"Mother? Where are you?" You called, looking for her in through the house. You heard Natsu scream, and you raced to where his voice was, heart thumping.

Your vision was slightly blurring in fear, wondering what could have happened to Shilin. When you arrived to the scene, you're (e/c) eyes widened.

Shilin had collapsed on the floor, but she seemed to be breathing. Sweat glistened on her pale skin. Natsu was beside her.

"Mommy!" Natsu shouted, slightly shaking her. "Mommy!"

Thinking quickly, you tried to pick Shilin up. Despite your arms being weaker than a young teenage boy, Shilin was easy to carry, making you worry more. Was she always this skinny? How long has she been this frail? How come I haven't noticed it sooner? You thought.

"Natsu! Lock the door, and take care of Fuyu. I'm taking her to Doctor Jaeger." You said, trying to think straight. You ran out the door, and though the air was freezing cold, Shilin remained hot and feverish in your arms. She clutched onto your sleeve, but besides that made no movement.

You kicked the wooden door hard when you reached his house. It could have broke, but you were too worried about Shilin to think about that. "Dr. Jaeger!" You cried. Immediately, a man came to open the door.

"Shilin..! Carla, get ready the medicine!" He shouted into the house. "Carry her to the bed." He told her, then ran into the kitchen to help with the medicine.

Nodding, you entered the home, not knowing what to do, as it was your first time here.

"Miss? The bed is over there." A voice said, and a little girl, looking Natsu and Fuyu's age, was pointing to the back room. A red muffler was wrapped around her neck.

"Thank you." You said, rushing to the back room and gently placing your mother figure on the bed. "..mother? Are you awake?" You asked softly.

Shilin slightly opened her eyes. She shakily raised a hand to touch your face, but she didn't have enough strength and it landed back on the bed. "Isabel.." She whispered. "(Y/N).."