Chap 1 (If you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind)

Michael

People walked in every direction, never stopping to apologize for bumping into anyone.

Apparently this whole soccer thing was a big deal to a lot of people. Yes, I knew it was to Calum but I honestly didn't know this many people took time out of their day to watch guys kicking a round ball around.

Maybe it's my years of staying cooped up in my room playing video games or my awful unathleticsm, but I hated the idea of sports.

"Michael hey!" a feminine voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I turned to see Calum's sister Mali waving at me.

I tried to get across the sea of people to get to her but obviously they didn't like that.

Many yells and curse words were thrown at me but I just laughed them off.

I was almost to Mali when a body bumped hard into mine. For some reason I was able to keep from falling on my ass but the other person was less fortunate.

"Dude what the hell! If people are walking one direction, you don't walk the other way!" an exasperated blonde boy said as he stood up off the ground.

"Maybe I like to be different, maybe I like flowing against the current?" I replied. I would've said sorry to the boy and immediately helped him up, but his snarky remark kept me from being my usual nice and shy self.

"Yea I can tell by the hair. But forreal some people are actually trying to find a spot so they can watch the game so take my advice and don't flow against the current." he said back and walked off.

I scoffed and made my way to Mali who engulfed me in a hug. "Mike how have you been? I was so surprised when Cal told me you were coming to his game. I know how much you don't like sports and all and usually your at your house doing nothing on Saturdays."

I would probably have a crush on Mali if she wasn't such a talker. She was pretty and nice (which is all I look for in a girl honestly) but I don't think I could handle how much she talks on a daily basis.

"Yea I didn't want to but Cal is my best friend so I thought I should come to a game at least once." I shrugged.

"Well c'mon. The game's about to start so we should probably get our seats before someone takes them." Mali led me to our seats which were pretty close to the field.

-

"And obviously I don't care that much but I still wanna know what's going on ya know?"

Mali was blabbering about something that I hadn't been paying attention to but luckily I had become the master at holding a conversation without actually listening.

I just searched for key phrases like 'ya know' and:

"Oh yea of course." I replied to her.

Oddly enough I was actually watching the game but honestly I was only watching Calum.

He had scored 2 goals so far which I had come to realize, was really good considering it was only the first half of the game.

Suddenly I heard a scream next to me, "YES C'MON JACK YOU GOT THIS!" came from a boy who was walking to sit in the seat beside me.

From further examination I realized it was the blonde boy I had bumped into earlier yelling to one of Calum's teammates.

The boy hadn't noticed me yet so I decided to act like I was actually into the game, for no other reason than to annoy him.

Luckily for me, Calum was kicking the ball down the field towards the goal. "GO CALUM, GET THE GOAL WOO!" I yelled out as Calum kicked the ball into the goal for the third time of the game.