The New Kids' A Player: Part Thirteen :D

Start from the beginning

~Heather~

Zack and Ashley walked from the lunch line, arm in arm. I rolled my eyes and sat down across from Jessica.

“Stupid, peppy, blonde, bitchy cheerleader.” I hissed under my breath.

“That sounds like jealousy.” Jess chuckled.

My jaw clenched as Zack and Ashley sat at a table across from us. “Not in the mood Jessica.” I snapped at her.

“Touch-y.” she looked over he shoulder to see what I was looking -okay, death glaring- at. She shook her head. “Are they really together?” she asked in a tone mixed with confusedness and disgust.

“Don’t know,” I stabbed -and I mean stabbed- my piece of chicken. “Don’t care.” 

She turned back to me with a yeah-fucking-right look. “Have you talked to Zack since the whole ‘I love you’ thing?”

“Nope.” I picked up the chicken. “And I don’t plan on it.”

“Alright,” she slammed her hands down on the table. “That’s it.” she pushed herself away from the table.

“What the hell are you doing Jess?” I asked, confused. I put the chicken in my mouth as she got up from the table.

“What you don’t have the balls to.” She walked -okay, more like stormed- over to the table where Zack and Ashley were sitting.

“You’re coming with me little Emo.” Jessica grabbed a HUGE chunk of Zack’s hair and started pulling him by it.

The half chewed chicken fell out of my mouth, and onto my plant when my jaw dropped open.

“Hey! Get the fuck off my boyfriend!” Ashley yelled a little too loud. Everyone in the cafeteria started looking.

“I’m/he’s not your boyfriend!” Jess and Zack yelled back at her. Half the people in the room gasped.

“Now sit cha hoe ass down.” Jess hissed and dragged Zack to our table.

“You.” she pointed to me. “Talk to him. Work things out. NOW.”

“Jessica--”

She cut me off. “You can thank me later.” she smiled.

“What the hell is your problem?!” Ashley yelled from across the room.

“Oh bitch,” Jess put her hand up. “I have just about had it with you. Say something else, Ashley. Say some-fucking-thing else. I will come over there and cut cho ass dooooown.”

Zack started laughing. I looked at him and smiled. Yeah, I missed him.

I grabbed his hand. “Let’s take a walk.”

He smiled and stood up.

----------

We walked down the hallway in silence for a while.

“How long?” I asked.

He already knew what I was talking about. He sighed, looking down at his shoes. “Since since 2nd grade.”

“Zack,” I grabbed his arm and turned him to that he now faced me. “That long?”

He nodded. “I was going to tell you…the day in the hall.”

“Wait,” we started walking again. “The day I started talking to you?”

“Yup.” he smiled at me. “That was the reason I was in the hallway. The only reason.”