"Youre spiraling." He coos eyeing me his hands resting behind his head. "Am Not." I glare my eyes darting from the clock beside the bed. He presses a kiss to my forehead as he walks to the bathroom rubbing his eyes. "Does it fit?" he asks from the bathroom making me look down at my hand in adoration. "Yes babe, I love it." I beam and he looks out at me from the bathroom smiling. "Good I'm glad, I was scared it would be too big and you would hate it." he tells me brushing his teeth "Me and spike spent hours in that damn store." he mumbles spitting in the sink. "Your dad was actually the one who saw it." he says slowly treading lightly around the subject. "you still haven't talked to him Maiz, he misses you."

I roll my eyes now not interested in the conversation "I love my ring." I tell him kissing his cheek and ignoring his comment completely. "Now hurry before I'm late." he sighs not pushing me to talk about the issue that's staring at me straight in the eyes. I'm not ready to deal with my father yet, my entire life and past has been a lie and I'm not ready to fully admit that and try to build back the trust that was lost. So instead I'm focusing on my future. We decided to start apartment hunting, despite Derek's
Persistence against it.

"You know we could just bail on the showing and stay in bed all day." He tries persuading from the sink mean while I shove my legs into my skinny jeans and huff buttoning them before slipping past him to brush my teeth. "Nah I'll pass." I smirk at him earning me a swat on my rear.  "Hurry up, I'll be downstairs!"

I grab my purse before slipping my shoes on and heading down stairs for the car.  "Good luck girl!" Shelly calls as she sees me passing by. "I can't wait to see pictures!" I give her a thumbs up before Derek grumbles behind me.

"This is a good thing." I assure him, but he doesn't seem to buy it. "I just want something of my own." I explain and nods agreeing for me sake, he has heard the conversation several times the past few weeks and at this point he is tired of fighting it. Thank god. "This will be good." He agrees half heartily. "I love you." I coo leaning on my tip toes to plant a kiss on his stumbled covered face. "I know." He smirks pushing me out the door.

• Few weeks later •

"You'll love it oh my," I squeal in excitement as me, Derek, Spike, Stella, Ben and Shelly ride up the elevator to my apartment. I've been in it for two weeks now adding bits and bobs to make it more me and I'm finally ready to show them it. "it's really not that great." Derek tells them making me smack his chest and pout "only kidding." he adds kissing the side of my head as the elevator dings and the doors slide opened.

I go up to unlock my front door as my neighbor Jorge walks out of his door. He waves to me saying a quick 'good evening' as he goes to take his dog, Pippy out for their nightly walk. Jorge is an older man who brought me over cookies a few night ago welcoming me to the complex. Since then I see him every morning picking up his paper on my way to work and every night when I get in from work.

"Who is that?" Derek asks lowly as I unlock the door and switching on the light ignoring his question for a moment. "Who is that?" he repeats firmly at the same time Stella and Shelly gasp. "Maize it's beautiful!" they beam at me before pulling me into a hug. The apartment is just what I wanted, glass windows and Cherry hard wood floors. Brick accent walls and a nice sized kitchen that connected to the living room openly with a breakfast bar. I didn't get the balcony I wanted but boy did I get the view, I over look the city and at night it's breath taking.

"I have a guest bedroom that still needs to be decorated!" I tell them hinting towards Stella as I show them the room that only holds the minimal furniture and few wall pieces. "Then you guys can come over whenever."