Chapter 4

"Us?" Lara asks pointing to me and herself.
"Lara!" I nudge her. "You aren't supposed to talk to strangers! Hasn't your mom ever told you that?" Honestly, this guy could be a kidnapper!
"Of course, but you never know with people around here!" Then she pulls me over to the man. Oh gosh.
"Are you girls in the movie industry?" We shake our heads. "TV industry? Music industry?" We shake our heads again. This is where he's gonna throw us into his van which is hiding around some corner in an alleyway.
"Would you like to become a part of any industry?" He asks.
"Ooh yes! I'd love to be in movies!" Lara exclaims excitedly. I just nod my head slowly, unsure of where this is going. Still waiting for that white van to appear outta no where.
"Then today's your lucky day, because you could be cast in any of the new movies if you get your head shots and find an agency you'd be willing to work with! And lucky for you, I know an agency that would love to work with girls like you. What do you say?" He asks.
"OH MY GOSH YES!" Lara shrieks happily causing people turn and stare at us.
"Alright, here's my card so just give me a call and you can come to our agency and meet everyone, get to know all of us, get some head shots, we can work with you to see what you've got. Ok?" He asks.
"Yes! Thank you so much, this is awesome ahhhh!" Lara screams in excitement.
"And you, miss?" He turns to me.
"I'm not sure, I don't know." I say.
"Come on Lucy! Do it! We can become famous together!" Lara pleads and the man laughs a little.
"I don't know. I might have to talk to my mom first. So after I talk to her, I'll just get your info from Lara." I respond. Or not. I don't really think the acting industry is where I wanna go. I just want to find a dance studio and work and work and work, and then compete, compete, compete. I've gotta stay focused on dance, at least for now.
"Alright, well give me a call if either of you are interested." He says.
"Oh I will!" Lara says as he walks off.
"Why'd you say no?! We could be famous!" Lara exclaims.
"I don't know, I'd rather focus on dance right now. Plus I wouldn't be good at acting, I would never be cast in any movies." I reply. "But when you become famous I'll be able to tell everyone I'm your friend and I was there when your career first began." We laugh and walk down the street talking about all the movies Lara wants to star in, and I happily realize that this friendship will go a long way.