Chapter 3: Pre-Game Chills

Start from the beginning

"I don't like it Stefan. Just make sure he stays away from Tyler, and for some reason he keeps targeting Bonnie. So I'm going to take care of her this week." I nodded.

"I've got your back Rox, don't think about Damon right now. He's getting under your skin." Stefan shrugged.

"Like it's so easy." I sighed as we parked in the school parking lot.

"Just let me handle it, and don't let him get to you." He nodded once we were out of the car. "By the way, I got you this necklace, it should protect you from any compulsion."

"Thanks Stef." I smiled taking it from his hands. It was just a heart shaped locket, but it was perfect to wear with anything.

"I'm giving Elena hers at the game on Friday we just have to keep her away from Damon before then." He half whispered. "I'll get you more when I can."

"Really Stefan. Thank you so much." I smiled giving him a friendly hug so nobody around us would say something to Elena. "I'll see you in first period."

"Bye Roxanne." He smiled a little throwing me the keys to my car. "Don't let him get to you."

I smiled and put on the vervain necklace. Now if Damon wanted to get something from me he couldn't. Stefan got it just in time, I'm nervous to talk to Damon alone. I watched Stefan walk over to Elena and Bonnie and Elena gave him a kiss really quickly. I loved that they were together, that Stefan would do anything for her. But I'd realized that he'd do anything for me too. I couldn't admit that I liked Stefan, or even maybe Damon. I did not want to get involved with vampires, but I have a feeling Damon's not going to stop. So I either have to work around it or give in to it. I still loved Tyler, but if I could get rid of Damon... I was shaken from my thoughts after watching Tyler pass by Stefan, walking towards me. I needed to do something to get my mind off Damon.

"Roxanne!" Tyler smiled running up to me. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him in to kiss me. "What was that for?"

"I don't know, I just miss seeing you that's all." I sigh wrapping my arms around his waist in a hug.

"Come to my practice after school and then we can hangout at my house after." He suggested. "My parents are out of town this week."

"Ok." I nodded with a smile. "I'm sorry I haven't been around much Ty, I'm going to change that."

"It's alright Rox, now let me walk you to class." He smiled taking my hand in his. We started walking inside together.

"I love you Ty, don't forget that." I smiled as we stood at the door to my first period.

"I love you too." He smiled kissing my lips again today which felt perfect. Tyler was all I could ask for, Damon wouldn't get in the way. "I've gotta go, I'll see you third period."

I waved as he walked down the hall to his class. I walked inside my classroom and almost everyone was in there seats. I sat down in my regular spot next to Stefan and Caroline. But I hadn't seen Caroline all day and she wasn't in her seat. Our teacher still wasn't in the classroom so I'd decided to text Caroline. No reply came, and usually Caroline is on top of that. I looked at Stefan who was trying to figure out why I was so worried. I typed in my phone that Caroline had been MIA since yesterday. He read it over and over. He raised his hand to be excused to the bathroom, but I knew he was using his vamp speed to check her house. He took about 5 minutes and was back in his seat typing something to me on his phone. I read the note that said, "Damon's with Caroline. He's compelling her to forget, but we need to do something." I nodded in agreement just as my name and Tyler's name were called down to the principals office. I got up and waited for Tyler so we could walk down there together.