Chapter 3: Pre-Game Chills

Start from the beginning

"Oh, so you've decided to cooperate and be helpful for once? Wow Roxanne..." He laughed.

"I'm being serious Damon. Whatever you need me to do. As long as it gets you out of Mystic Falls faster." I muttered.

"Ok, I've got a job for you." He smiled deviously. "I need you to get witchy ready to do the spell. Talk to her old lady and get her to start practicing."

"I thought we were clear that I wanted Bonnie out of this?" I glared at him. "Either you back off of Bonnie and find a new witch or I'll tell Stefan.

"Ugh. You and Katherine should of been sisters, always getting what you want." He rolled his eyes. "Hello brother, spying much?"

"Roxanne, what are you doing here?" Stefan asked like he didn't know a thing. He watched Damon carefully.

"Maybe your not the only brother Roxanne likes, Stefan." Damon smiled.

"Yeah, ok." Stefan nodded. "Roxanne do you wanna head out now?"

"Yeah, I'm right behind you." I nodded watching him leave the room. "Could you be any more obvious? You wanna make this work? Then don't let Stefan think you found a new partner in crime."

"Oh whatever, you liked it." He rolled his eyes. "The thing that doesn't make you like Katherine is that you actually care."

"I don't know if I should take that as a compliment, I mean you practically are matching me up to her any way." I growled.

"Trust me, it was a compliment.. I mean I guess you deserve it. I mean I saw you checking me out, and that's even better then a compliment." He grinned.

"Oh god.." I sighed humiliated. "I'm not interested Damon. Tyler's my boyfriend, just stay away from that. We're partners nothing more."

"Meet me here after school, we have things to discuss while my brother isn't eavesdropping." He smiled ignoring what I'd just told him.

"I can't..." I muttered, but when he gave me that Damon look I just had to change my mind. "Ok fine, but your driving me to Stefan's football practice."

"That can be arranged." He smiled deviously. "But you seriously can't think they'll let him play. I'm sure Lockwood won't stand it."

"Goodbye Damon." I groaned walking to the door. "By the way Damon, never under estimate Stefan. He's been on Ty's good side lately. They'll make room."

Damon looked at me irritated before I walked out to my car. Stefan had taken over the drivers side so I guess I could just relax the ride there. Stefan heard everything Damon and I talked about. Which explains the dead silence in the car. I'm worried that Stefan might actually believe Damon can bring Katherine back. I'm going to find whatever Damon's looking for and I'm going to burn it. Nobody needs a third duplicate of the same person. Stefan's still trying to figure the whole look a like thing with Katherine, but we've hit a obstacle. According to Damon, Katherine burned all her old family history books. So all Stefan would do now is read everything from journal's to website articles. Stefan read something in the Gilbert Journal about a Dopplegänger; a duplicate of another person. I don't know what it has to do with anything, but it's a lead to something.

"Stefan... Watch Damon for me would you. He's acting strange around me." I sighed looking out the window.

"That's because he's Damon. He eyes something and doesn't care what happens to any one as long as he gets it." He replied easily.

"Are you sure his humanity is still off?" I asked for the fifth time in the past two days.

"I don't know any more Roxanne. Maybe it was never off in the first place. Maybe he's been playing us the whole time." Stefan sighed.