Chapter 1: Nothing Bad Ever Happens In Mystic Falls

Start from the beginning

On our way to school Elena sat in the back while I sat next to Bonnie in the front. Bonnie had dark black hair that was parted down the middle a lot of the time she curled it and her eyes were brown like Elena's. We sat in the car talking about what we'd missed during the summer. She told us about how she spent the summer with her Grams and all this crazy stuff about witches. Now Bonnie believes she's psychic or something. She can believe what she wants, I just think her Grams is making her crazy. So Bonnie decided to tell me what my future will be like. Until something hit the car and made Bonnie pull over.

"Oh my god. Roxanne are you ok?!" Elena and Bonnie both gasped at the same time. They were worried about me because of the car accident.

"I'm fine." I breathed deeply. "I can't be afraid of car's forever."

"What was that thing?" Bonnie changed the subject not wanting to go back to the event so soon.

"I don't know." I shook my head, but when I looked up I saw a familiar black crow perched on a lamp post.

Bonnie drove us the rest of the way to school in silence. She parked the car and the three of us got out at the same time. I walked to stand next to Elena and Bonnie took the other side next to Elena. It hadn't changed a bit since the last day of sophomore year. Everyone was in the groups they'd always been in. Nerds, band geeks, athletes, and then there were the popular kids, my group or our group I should say. I didn't feel like I fit in there any more though. I wasn't perfect any more my life was a mess. I left Bonnie and Elena with the group, Matt, Caroline, Tyler, Vicki, and all these other people. Elena was about to come after me when I threatened her to stay put. I walked into the school to my old locker from last year. I put my belongings inside and grabbed my books for first period.

I stopped at the office to pick up some papers that Jenna needed. I was met by a male I'd never seen before. He was tall, but not as tall as other boys at this school. His hair was a shorter dirty blonde color that stuck up with gel. He was dressed in all black. Black shoes, black jeans, black leather jacket, but his t-shirt was white. I smiled slightly at him. He nodded in response. He must be new here. Caroline had been talking about a new student coming from Italy to Mystic falls. But why? Why would someone want to move from a beautiful country to a dark and mysterious town like Mystic Falls.. I walked past him to grab some papers from the receptionist. I looked back to see him staring at me with those beautiful eyes. I turned back to the receptionist to take the papers. Mr Mysterious was still standing there. We made eye contact again and I smiled softly.

"So are you just going to stand there or introduce yourself?" I smiled with enthusiasm.

"Stefan Salvatore." He smiled softly showing his perfect white teeth. "And you are?"

"Roxanne Gilbert, you may have met Elena my twin sister." I nodded. "But if you haven't, we actually look quite similar."

"I don't think I have." He shook his head in response. "But I'm sure she's around somewhere."

"She might be with Bonnie and Caroline." I suggested looking to the left where I find Tyler and Matt talking. "I have to go, it was nice meeting you Stefan."

"Would you mind showing me around during lunch, I get lost often and I'd love to have you show me around." He asked with a toothy grin.

"Sure. I don't eat lunch any way so I don't mind.." I nodded and started walking over to Matt and Tyler.

"Hey guys." I smiled towards the two of them as I stand next to Tyler.

"Hey babe." Tyler smiled kissing my cheek lightly. I forgot to mention, Tyler's my boyfriend since almost the beginning of Sophomore year.