Chapter 28

"I don't want you out of my sight."

Harry's hand lightly traced over my throbbing cheek, his feather-light touch making me lean into his touch. His hands weren't warm like they usually were; right now his fingertips felt nice and cool, and I liked how it felt against my cheek. I couldn't help but close my eyed, tightening my legs around his waist as our chests pressed against each other. His free hand had a firm grip on my inner thigh, keeping me seated on him.

I hand a handful of his thin t-shirt clutched around me, and Harry had taken the courtesy of wrapping his large leather jacket around my still trembling frame. It felt like a warm blanket to me, and it casted a firm feeling of safety, all around me...

I was actually wearing only underwear and a bra, since the boys had to take a look at my stomach to check the injuries. For once I didn't feel shy or embarrassed under their stares, even though I was half naked. They claimed that my injuries weren't going to be that bad; I just had a serious bruise on my abdomen and my face was bruised as well, my cheek slightly swelling. The inside of my mouth was sore from when I accidentally bit the inside of my cheek, causing it to bleed earlier.

Of course, I was still shaken from what had happened earlier. Each time I closed my eyes, I could see Louis being shoved into the police car. My throat burned from when I shouted his name. I could remember it all so vividly...

But I blamed myself, most of all. If I was stronger, I could've fought back. I could've helped Louis. I knew Louis was strong, but they had taken us completely by surprise. I also remembered seeing silver handcuffs over Louis's wrists, which was a major disadvantage to him. But like I said, if I was stronger, I could've done something. Instead, I took one blow and was already close to passing out. I couldn't even get off the floor.

I hated being weak. It reminded me of the time I saw Harry almost getting killed in the alleyway. If those men hadn't have listened to me, and I had to use the gun, I'd probably be dead by now. I had no idea how to use a gun. It was just an illusion I had set for those men; I made it seem like I knew how to shoot.

"Vincent won't answer his damn phone." Zayn growled across the room. He had been constantly on his phone, apparently trying to reach some of the cops that had been paid off. Niall and Liam were sitting on the long couch with Eleanor seated at the very end.

"Did you try Tony?" Liam suggested.

"His phone went straight to voicemail." Zayn snapped. "I don't know why nobody's picking up their fucking phones."

I pressed my head against Harry's firm chest, my trembling going down a bit. His warmth surrounded all around me, his scent filling my senses. Right now, I could only conclude one thing:

I was safe.

I was safe with Harry Styles, the most dangerous man in London.

Harry's chest rumbled when he spoke. "They always answer their phones."

"Well right now they're not." Zayn fumed, going silent when he called the number again. A few ticking seconds passed before he sighed loudly. "I swear, I'll fucking kill them."

"Should we go check things out?" Liam asked.

"No." Harry replied. "We need to think this through first. Why would they not answer their phones?"

I closed my eyes as they all began to discuss this matter further, my ears droning them out. Exhaustion had suddenly taken over my body, my eyelids growing heavy. I wanted nothing more than to sleep right now-to just lie down and sleep.

But Eleanor's voice stopped me when she said, "Guys, look at the TV."

Everyone grew completely silent, and I even forced myself to turn around in Harry's lap. His arms tightened around me, probably thinking I was standing up, but I only turned around, my back now leaning against his masculine chest. I pulled his jacket tighter around me to maintain the warmth, and I began lightly stroking Harry's cold hands that were wound around my waist.