What is that???

"What is that?” I asked pointing behind her. It was the most amazing dress I have ever seen.  She smiled and moved out of the way for me to see it. I walked up to it and lightly touched the blue silk fabric. The dress was royal blue. It had and elegant pattern of the bodice and the bottom of the dress on the front sided and back. It was amazing.

“Here darling look at these.” She led me over to a small table and on top were a tiara, a pair of gloves and a mask. The gloved weren’t really gloves the more I looked at them they were like sleeves cut from the dress that were tight at my upper arm and my forearm down belled out in a double layer of fabric. On the upper arm where the fabric was tight was the same elegant pattern like on the bodice and bottom of dress. It was beautiful.

I looked over at the tiara. It was amazingly beautiful and simple. Blue diamonds and regular diamonds. The mast looked complicated. On one side it was a silver cut out looking sawn but it was see through. On the other side it looked like golden leaves. But the mask itself was a light blue with silver swirls and designs on it. It was amazing. “So do you like it?” she asked and I turned to look at her. I nodded and I looked at the dress then the table.

“Mother I think your spoiling her.” Shawn said and it made me snap around. The look he gave reminded me I’m still and in my undergarments. His mother scoffed at him and told him to get out while I tried everything on.

The dress was actually extremely heavy but my body could hold it. She told me it was so great I was tall. I’m not all that special. I’m 5’10” I have dark, dark brown hair that is almost black. And I’m extremely tan which look amazing with the color of the dress. After I had everything on she showed me myself if the mirror. It didn’t look like me.

“What is all this for?” I asked she looked at me as if I spit on her. “Why my dear cant you tell its for the masquerade ball.” She clapped and skipped out the room and told me to undress and head back to my room but to leave everything here. I would be called later for hair and makeup.

After I stripped the dress I walked out the door to run into Shawn. I gave a little scream and started to fall backwards but he caught me before I could fall and turned and started walking down the halls. I scampered after him and he rounded a corner and we were in this amazingly huge kitchen. “Are you hungry?” he barked out and I nodded and he pointed to the bar and I sat watching him.

“What would you like?” he asked he was tying an apron around his waist. He looked like a chef in his black rolled up long sleeve button up. Very sexy. “I can hear everything your thinking.” He said and turned towards the stove I’m glad he did to because I turned red. “I would like. Wait what time is it?” I asked and he took out his cell phone to look at the time.

“Ten pm. Now what do you want to eat?” he asked again he sounded like he was getting pissed off. “A bacon and cheese burger?” I asked it as a question. He got out the bacon and put it on a pan and stuck it in the broiler. Hmm never seen someone do that. He grilled the hamburger and took the now crisp bacon out and slapped some cheese on the burger put the bacon on he put mayo on my bun with pickles, tomato, and lettuce.

He put it on a plate and slid it over. I took the bun off and picked the pickles off. Then I took a bite of the burger. He sat down across from me at the bar and watched me eat after he put all the food away. He looked at my plate and saw the pickles. “What you don’t like pickles? What’s the matter with you?” he picked one up and popped it into his mouth.

I had a mouthful of food so I couldn’t laugh at him so I chewed and swallowed before I asked him what I really wanted to. “What did you say to the dogs?” he looked over at me and I saw a ghost of a smile.