Run, run as fast as you can..

Work is a drag especially since I have the night shift with the most annoying person I know. Right now she is standing right beside me and is popping her gum like prep. Well she is prep. We both go to school together and she is the one who rolls with the cool crowd. Why she needed a job when her dad owns like everything in the town I will never know.

                She said something and I didn’t catch it because I wasn’t listening to her. I lifted one shoulder in a shrug and she bounced away. I watched her go stunned she was actually going to wait on a customer. Well that is when I realized that customer was extremely gorgeous. While she was showing him to his table he caught me staring mouth open and dropped a wink in my direction. Jessica the annoying girl didn’t catch it because her back was turned and I’m glad it was because if she would have seen I would be dead.

                My mouth snapped shut what the hell was I doing I have never reacted like that when hot guys came into this restaurant. It was one of the ones thankfully Jessica’s parents didn’t own. My parents did and so I got to work and earn money for a car. Oh did I tell you today is my birthday? Yes I am working on my birthday. December 29th. It really sucks to have your birthday four days after Christmas because I get all my presents on Christmas and it is really strange.

                I felt something hit me in the back and I spun around and saw Jessica glaring at me. “Ow what the hell was that for you bitch!” I spit in her face. Holy crap where did that come from. She wasn’t going to say anything I know because my parents owned the place so she just pointed in my face with her perfectly manicured finger. Those made me ball my fist to hide my bitten nails.

                “Stay away from him I told you I called him.” I looked back towards the mystery man and he was sitting side ways and I saw him smile.

                “To bad I’m sad your dad.” I flounced away from the counter and over to the man taking out my pad and pen.

                “May I take your order?” I said looking down at the pat and I went to write down his table number and my pen didn’t work. “Aw shoot. Hold on a second sir I shall be right back.”

                He held up something to me and I looked at him. “Here baby cakes take my pen.” His face was even more beautiful then wheat I saw when he walked in. his suit was tight but not too tight and damn his body was nice.

I looked down and took the pen. I touched it to the pad and ink came out. “Thanks. So may I take your order?” I asked. He looked at me sort of funny.

                “Will you sit and have dinner with me?” he asked.  I was confused by his question.

                “What sir?” I asked and he smile. I rocked back on my heels. His smile made me almost stop breathing I know my heart skipped a couple of beats.

                “Please Kameron have dinner with me.”  I took a step back how did he knew my name.

                He must sense my alarm because he quickly added. “That other waitress, what’s her name Jessica? I asked her and at first he said something like she’s not worth naming but when I pressed Harder I got Kameron Ray.” He smiled again making me take a short intake of air.

                He stood up and I got a sense just how tall he is. Damn he was tall. I had to look up at him. He looked down at me slightly amused. “Will you honor me by having dinner with me Miss Ray?” he pulled the chair out beside him and gestured to it with his hand. I flopped down and he looked over at the bar and snapped his fingers to Jessica who scurried over here faster that I thought possible.

                ”Take our order please, I will have a Victoria center cut medium rare.” He looked to me and what he was having I get all the time. “Make that her order as well. With a bake potato and house salad.” He smiled and turned himself back to me. Jessica stomped off. I’ll hear about this later.

                He was smiling at me again leaning his chin on his hands and watching me. “You are very pretty Miss Ray.” My eyes widened and I blushed and looked down.

                “Please call me Kameron,” I peeked at him from under my lashes and he smiled full white teeth again and I blushed deeper.

                “You have beautiful eyes.” I looked up at him he had an adoring look. My eyes were blue silver and had full black lashes around them. I wore no makeup and he was looking at me like this. “I don’t think you should ever wear makeup.” He said I smiled at him and he sucked in his breath. He whispered something under his breath I didn’t catch and was about to ask what he said when Jessica came back with our food.

                She set his down with a smile and when she set my down she mouthed bitch at me and walked away. I rolled my eyes at her and very discreetly flipped her off when he and her weren’t looking.  It just donned on me I don’t even know his name. I opened my mouth to ask when he interrupted me.

                “My name is Shawn Schnider.” He smiled and I nodded it was a nice name. Shawn didn’t look older than nineteen. I smiled at my thought yes someone is actually interested in me and I am just sitting here smiling like an idiot my eyes snapped back to him and he wasn’t even looking at me he was cutting his steak and potato. I cut mine up and then we both grabbed our salads at the same time and we laughed.

                I poured my ranch dressing on and he did to and we ate some then talked.  It was getting pretty late and mom and dad left after meeting the strange man so they left us there to talk some more, they were really trusting of this better not have been a set up by them to get me out of the house! I looked over at him and smiled. He was too damn sexy for this to be a set up.

                We were sitting having desert all the lights off and we were really close. We were sharing a piece of key lime pie. He said something that made me laugh then he leaned over and kissed me lightly on the lips. Just a soft brush I turned an unattractive shade of crimson I bet.  He leaned forward again and we kissed for a minute. He pulled me into his lap and the kiss got deeper. I felt something sharp stab into my lip and pulled away. He bit my lip kinky but ok I whipped the blood on my face on a napkin and he started to kiss me again. He moved to my neck and started to kiss it. Then I felt the pain like he was biting me again and I drew back there was blood on his lips and I felt my neck go hot.

                I was bleeding. He smiled and I took four steps back. His teeth, they were, they were. I started screaming and turned to run away but he was now in front of me. He grabbed my upper arms and leaned in close and I pulled back. And he whispered something ant then let me go and vanished. I turned to the front door and ran. It didn’t hit me until after I was on the street running what he said. His words echoed in my head.

Run, run as fast as you can I can catch you because you’re not the ginger bread man……..