Carrying me to our new house by his request like a baby too fresh to hobble out on weak legs,we entered our home laughing when he almost tripped on the front step of the uneven warped steps.

"Jay,please be careful."

"Come on. I'm a firefighter." He laughed and I tugged on his neck lightly reminding him to let me down. He let me stand to my feet and I straitened my dress skirt silky white fluff flattening like spreading icing on a cake.

"Yes,a firefighter that has been to the hospital three times in the last year."

"Touché,except the motorcycle accident was clearly the opposers fault." I groaned at the reminder of the frightening motorcycle accident that had happened only months previous to the wedding landing him on crutches for three weeks.

"I wish you'd sell that stupid bike."

"No you don't,come on don't lie you know you think it's hot." He smirked glancing at me and I blushed.

"Jay." His childish crooked grin I couldn't help but resist making me laugh. "It's pretty hot."

"I know." Was his only reply. The musty smell of the old house started to sink in and I held the sleeve of his jacket up to my nose breathing in his comforting scent.

"It's so empty." I observed noticing the empty living room.

"I know. How about tomorrow we go out and pick out some furniture?"

"Jay,you know we don't have money for that." I insisted realistically. Money was tight for us and I wasn't going to pretend it wasn't. With both of us working volunteer it was hard to find jobs where we could drop and leave at a moments notice. Jay washed cars and I worked as a bartender at Ace's the common go-to bar for all first responder and safety officers/protectors.

"I have a little saved."

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow in surprise we shared everything including bank accounts and I didn't see anything labeled 'new furniture'.

"You'll see." He grinned bright white smile making the scar above his brow crease was contagious. I caught his lethal happiness and smiled.

"Okay. Where next to?"

"A little special place I like to call our bedroom." He smirked pulling me slowly past the kitchen and into the hall.

"Oh yeah?" I giggled letting him lead me into the bedroom and closing the door pinning me against it, his lips pressed to mine instantly. We kissed passionately yet modestly for about five minutes until I was unclothed form my pastry icing dress and him from his most formal uniform.

Ten minutes later we were breathless on the floor. I could feel his hot breath on my forehead as he kissed it and on my neck and shoulders. I shuddered as I kissed his neck biting into it with my lips. His breath hitched in his throat a bit but he only kissed back deeper. I gave him my most precious gift that night something I had saved for him and given to no one else previously as he gave me his.

About an hour later As things settled and my heart rate started to slow,catching my breath I hugged him panting with a smile I know he couldn't see on my face in the darkness. He was breathing hard as well hands wrapped around me,hot skin on skin contact a comfortable temperature. Jay was sweaty from the action but I didn't care.

"First thing I'm going to buy us." I whispered breaking the peaceful falling action of the adventure.

"Is what?" He asked kissing my forehead lightly.

"A bed." I laughed running my hand over the soft carpet.

"Agreed." He responded with one more kiss before we both fell asleep.