Six

The sound is blaring through my walls again. I love these homes but the houses are to close and I hate the idea that my bed is right next to my window.

One perk, that I did mention from earlier, is that right when I walk in, I see my neighbors window.

Don't ask, my last neighbor was eh, okay alright. It was an eleven year old girl. But now I have Shawn here.

I don't think I like him, Dillon thinks I do but I'm sure I don't. I just want to figure him out. I want to understand his emotions.

It's 11:47 am.

The tone of his voice and his guitar amp steaming through his house to mine. I look at his window and notice it's completely open, along with mine open too.

"Shit." I muffle to myself as I close my window and put the pillow over my face.

Tomorrow. I'll tell him tomorrow if he could maybe not rehearse so late.

By now it's morning and I quickly get ready on behalf of how tired I am. Leaving my house the same way I always do.

During second period, I notice that, as I pass the papers to the students, Shawn is a few seats behind me.

I take a seat next to my partner as we get our worksheets out.

"Today I'm picking random numbers. If your number gets called you tell me your partner and what topic you want for the debate project." The teacher addresses.

Typically I always get chosen last or never at all when it comes to random.

"Fifteen. Caniff. State partner and topic."

Wow I wasn't expecting that. Like I said, I never get chosen right away.

"Shawn and we're doing uh... Gay rights." I tell her. She nods and goes onto the next.

"Oh and once you find your partners or already planned, you guys can go sit together." Everyone shuffles to their partners. I still sit at my seat until someone asks to sit on my seat.

I get up and spot Shawn with an empty seat near him.

"Why did you choose me? I was going to work alone." Shawn asks. "Probably chose me because your friend already had somebody else." He rolls his eyes.

"Uh. No, I wanted to be your partner." I smile and he puts his hood on. School doesn't allow hoods on in class. Should I tell him or let the teacher do it.

She claps her hands. "By the way, if you want a change in topic you have two minutes until class is over.

Shawn stands up and walks over to the teacher, they talk and I can't hear them too well.

He comes back, shadow hovering over me. "We're doing a topic about music. Meet me at my house. Don't ask too much."

With that the bell rings and Shawn clutches to the top part of his backpack and walks off.

Being his partner will give me sometime to get to know him.

112415