Chapter 8:Red Sunset

Chapter 8: Red Sunset

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

Finger nails, perfectly manicured and simply perfect clicked on a wooden desk, impatient. The owner of these nails growled low in her throat, her eyes piercing into the man, no, the boy, that squirmed in front of her.

"So, let me get this straight, your telling me that you simply can't find her? I know your either lying or so stupid and useless that a demon of a lower level can accomplish something as trivial as finding a stupid girl." She tsked.

His eyes shot up to meet hers. Big mistake. Her deep green orbs put him under the most guilt he had felt in a long time. He cowered under that glare. "S-so your saying you found her?" he asked, feeling small.

"Yes, Lor has located her. She is in a small town in Japan, living with another demon."

The boy, Valen, sighed. "I'm sorry, I have failed you. W-would you like me to retrieve her now?" he asked, voice cracking slightly with his fear.

The woman put a nail to her lips. "Yes, and take Lor. Something tells me if you can't find her, you'll have trouble containing her as well."

The boy bowed, not even caring about the insult. He just desperately wanted to get out of her presence.

He turned to leave, then had one more thought.

"What about the demon she is staying with? Is there any chance he is strong?"

The woman frowned. "Not at all, from what I can gather, he is weaker than Misao. No worries. At least not for me, someone like you, though," She smiled. "You should probably watch your back. The only reason I'm even sending you is that you're the heir to your family. As pitiful as that is." She turned around in her chair, signaling the end of the conversation.

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

There was a beautiful red sunset that night. It seemed to flourish with my blood lust, and seeped ecstasy into me like the blood running down my fingers. I had killed her slowly, savoring every scream, and every moment that I took just a tad of her strong will away from her, feeding from her heat slowly, drop of flame by drop.

As I exited the school, Misao hopped over to me in a much chipper mood than before. "You should have tasted his blood!" she squealed excitedly in my ear. I grimaced slightly from the pure magnitude of her voice.

"I'm sure it was good." I said, indifferent. Misao squealed again. "It was!"

I sighed, then turned to look at her. "So, now your going to tell who that guy was, the one that made you go all silent." I said jumping right on the subject. Honestly, her being all not crazy and happy-go-lucky was very odd and something that made me really wonder.

"N-nothing.." she murmured, looking down.

"Bullshit." I said simply, pushing her up against a brick wall, my head only half a foot from hers. "Someone like you," he said gesturing to all of her body. "Crazy, nuts and just so freaking eccentric doesn't just get silent by mentioning only one thing without good reason. Without fear. Now, you can tell me, or I might just have use some force. Up to you."

Misao looked down, obviously scared. "He was an old boyfriend..." She said softly. "He beat me and wants to keep me for his own..."

I raised an eyebrow. "Are you telling the truth?" I asked, not fully buying the story. Sure, it could explain it, I guess, but that seems to simple...

"Yes." she said sweetly. "He is simply a bad piece of my past."

I didn't buy it one bit. I had always been so easy on her, not hurting or killing her when she didn't realize I was a demon king. I was really getting tired of this girl. I clenched my fist and brought it back.