the one with the boggart

"We can't direct the wind,
but we can adjust
the sails."

I KEPT SUPPLYING Sirius food every week. I even bought some good blood red cloaks from a cloth shop for him.

I still haven't told him my motive, and I don't intend too yet. I'll wait after Christmas. I just told him that after it all ends, he's to be back to 12, Grimmauld Place by the end of the term.

Harry, Ron and Hermione kept giving me a cold shoulder because they still didn't accept that I was friends with Draco.

"I promise we're not dating! We're just friends," I kept telling to them but they said the same thing.

"He's a bad influence! He's a Death Eater's son," so I burst one day.

"Nice old Gryffindors huh? You prejudiced pricks. You think you're perfect because you're Gryffindor but even Slytherin's are more considerate and understanding. You think you're doing a dream job? You're not!" and I left them stunned.

Today happened to be the last day before the Christmas and Easter holidays started. Draco didn't back off the plan but was really disturbed by the fact that his patronus was a lion.

"Patronuses represent a person's character traits! You one's a mighty lion because you're brave, Draco. Not because you're a Gryffindor heart. It's the character that speaks."

He seemed somewhat OK with my definition. He was excited to go back home and at the same time scared of his father. He apparently never had any girl over. And since I was a Gryffindor, it might be a problem.

His mother just knew that a friend was coming over. He says that he'll not tell anything about me until we get there because once we're there, there's no way they'll turn me out.

That's really intelligent of him. Note the sarcasm.

Professor Dumbledore kept a close eye on me since I know shit he doesn't. I promised to tell him as soon as he tells me about my family.

Which is most likely not going to happen soon.

~°~

It was yet another Defense Against Dark Arts class and Professor Lupin insisted on continuing with Boggarts till we all knew our inner demons and learned to fight them.

Hermione, me and Draco were among those who didn't get to do it last time.

Hermione stepped in front of the cupboard and out walked Professor McGonagall with an answer script. I noticed the horrified expression on Hermione's face and and I looked closer, it was a fail mark.

Draco and I, we sat at the end of the class, on some pushed aside desks, slouching and watching the show.

After everyone else was done, Draco went up. His boggart was Lucius staring coldly at him.

"I will not tolerate this, Draco. I thought I taught you better. You are a shame to the Malfoy name," he rambled on about how Draco wasn't his definition of perfect son. It was pathetic, sort of. He sounded like one of those homeless men who blame lesbians for the apocalypse, outside the White House.

"Ridikulus," he said and with a flick of hawthorn, it was his mother and she stared lovingly at her son.

I walked up next. Shapes shifted taking form of every possible thing I might be scared of and then finally stabilizing on one.

I found myself facing my worst demon: myself.

The fuck?

The girl in the boggart was me. Straighter, sharper. She looked far more sophisticated than I actually did. Her hair was perfectly brushed and was black,unlike my auburn color. It felt softly around the shoulders . The robes were ironed and the tie.

It was Slytherin. That's shocking, but I honestly don't mind being Slytherin. I want to be Slytherin, In fact. So what is this nonsense?

I wore the green tie and stood with pride, chin held up. My eyes weren't soft brown buy they were a sharp dark chocolate. There was a ebony wand in my hand. Not my alder wand.

"We meet again, Skylar," she said. There was a wicked gleam in her eyes and a smirk on her face. The taunt in her voice was not ignorable.

I actually looked good. But evil.

"Let me tell you a story, Firegold," She started taking smart, slow strides towards me. My wand was there in my hand. But I didn't do anything yet. I wanted to listen to the story.

"There was once a girl. Young and sad," she said mockingly as she went behind my back.

"What a mystery she was to many," she drawled. "Unprejudiced and kind. Yet eyes burning with passion. An urge to take revenge. To prove herself."

I shuddered as she walked closer to me.

"But then she realized who she was." She twirled a strand of my hair and let it lose.

"A witch."

I shuddered as she breathed down my neck. She made being a witch sound like a bad thing.

"But she knew too much." She faced me with a sneer. "Too much for her own good. She wasn't what she appeared to be. She wasn't kind. And to prove the world wrong, she'd go to any extent."

Who are you? How do you know me so well?

"She might be a Gryffindor by the color of her tie, but she was a Slytherin. A mean, dangerous Slytherin. She'd kill for those she loved. Not die."

I tried to steady my wand but she smiled so kindly at me, I felt bad to hurt her. To hurt me.

"This is the one she pretends to be, Skylar. A nice person when secretly she's far beyond nice. She has the key to either save the world, or destroy it."

Her face sneered at my and the Green Tie flickered from red to green and vice versa. Being a Slytherin and a Gryffindor.

"You have time, Skylar. Listen to the wise words. Forget it all and rule the world. You're a Queen Skylar. Not a princess. You don't need saving. What are you waiting for? It's all in the palm of your hands," she said, smiled ever so persuasively and let forth her hand, for me to take it.

I realised that the class was quite. Lupin stared intently at both of me.

"Are you scared, Skylar?" she asked.

Yes, yes I am. I'm scared of everything. Of death. Of love. Of life. Of losing those I care about. I'm scared that I might not be able to stop Voldemort's rise all by myself. I'm scared Draco will go to the Dark Side. I'm scared Fred, Lupin, Tonks, Snape, Moody, Sirius - they all will die. I'm scared of what I'm capable of. I don't know my powers. I'm scared of myself.

"You wish," I fired back, covering my fear with my sign smirk.

She faltered. Her eyes frowning and lips sneering.

"Ridikulus!" I shouted and she transformed into a wisp of smoke and went back in the closet.

I ran out of the class, tears at my eyelashes, about the fall. I ran away from everyone and went to the empty Quidditch Field, by the lake and screamed.

I screamed out all my fears and cleared my mind of myself.

And I knew what to do.

~°^°~

Frustration
Desperation
Say I need some kinda medication.

Leave a vote . I love you.