Chapter 1 : If Only She Knew

No matter how many akumas she as beaten, it's not like she walks away unharmed. In fact she usually was sore a while after her victories thus far. Marinette would just lay on her bed, her muscles aching.

"Why does everything still urt, I thought it wouldn't ache this bad after doing this for a while." She groaned, still laying there, not moving an inch. Tikki was probably asleep because she didn't respond to her complaint. Then eventually she eel asleep herself.

The next day she woke up the next morning, and yawned while stretching like she usually does when ever she wakes up. She felt even more exhausted than before, as if she didn't sleep a wink. And it felt hotter than it usually does, maybe because summer is nearing after all. Marinette took a quick glance at herself in the mirror, she looked exhausted must have been from, those days of staying up late doing her assignments,since she can't do them during the day at most times because of the akuma attacks, there have been more of them lately as well.

Marinette got herself ready for school, and as she walked down the stairs her body felt heavier than usually. Right as her mom was going to wish her to have a good day she stopped her.

"Marinette, hold on a minute," She stopped at her mom's request, "You look a bit pale, sit down I'll make you some tea before you head on out." Marinette didn't hesitate for a moment and took a seat immediately. It didn't take that long for the tea to heat up. Her mom placed a cup beside her.

"Are you alright, are you well enough to go to school today?" Marinette nodded. "Well, if you say so, but just to be sure, let me check if you have a fever just in case." She decided to place her hand on Marinette's forehead and gasped. "Your burning up dear! You go straight to bed, I'll notify the school , and be up with some soup for you."

"Alright," She really didn't feel like doing anything, she couldn't do any school work even if she wanted to she would have probably fallen asleep or been too tired to concentrate anyway. Her mom brought her soup to her room then said she would let her rest for the rest of the day and check on her later that evening.

After an hour of having the tv on, a breaking news segment interrupts the cooking show, broadcasting another akuma attack. And it had to be today of all days, there was just one yesterday, oh well for some reason evil doesn't seem to give her a break or a sick day. As Marinette was getting up from bed, Tikki tried stopping her but it was futile.

"No Marinette, Stay in bed a bit longer, you're still sick." Tikki tries to push her back into the bed but she obviously can't. She stumbles out of bed in the process of getting up.

"You know I can't rest while there's an akuma on the lose, I'll rest later." But she knew Tikki was right, maybe that was the whole reason why she was sick in the first place over working herself with too much hero business. "Besides I can't leave Cat Noir and make him do all the work." regardless to say one of the other main reasons she couldn't let do it on his own, she would feel guilty.

She transformed and headed out, shortly after as usual she comes across Cat Noir. "Why hello Mi'ladybug, Purr-fect day today, isn't it?"

"Hey, cat." Just hey, cat, no reaction to his pun, no haha yeah. With that playful sarcasm, which caught Cat off guard, and did make him a bit worried.

" You alright Mi'lady?" Ladybug didn't even say anything this time, she just nodded. "What's wrong, cat got your tongue?" And again, no response. Cat was concerned. He had never seen her act this way before. "Are you maybe sick or-" He placed his hand on her forehead. "Your really hot!" He meant that literally not in a punny way. Bin in that moment, an akuma attacked them by surprise. Ladybug was barely able to dodge. With out thinking Ladybug goes straight for the counter attack. But ends up being pushed back by the akuma. And naturally Cat attacked them head on. It got to the point where she would use her Luck Charm to end this once and for all.

Once that was over Cat smiled in favor of their victory but then rushed over to Ladybug which she thought was unexpected. "Mi'ladybug. Your hurt!" he exclained as he examined her. As soon as Cat had said that she felt a warm fluid slide down her cheek. " Here hold on' I have something that can help." He takes out a band-aid. And placed it on her cheek. It had a cute cat design on it. Expecting her to say she can do it herself, but instead she starts to lean forward. Cat catches her before she has a chance to fall.

Ladybug was not only sick but overly exhausted as well. Cat can see that now, she needed rest. He sat her down on the ground, leaning against the wall. He noticed her miraculous transformation was about to run out. He managed to get both on them to a rooftop and found a perfect place to place her with out having to leave her. You know when Roofs have the door that leads to the rooftop and it was like it's own little room just to connect the outside of the building to the inside. He sat her on one side the one away from the door, and he sat on the top. So when her transformation would undo itself, she had her own little privacy and in a way he had his

It took a while for his transformation to come undone, hopefully she would wake up by that time. But he couldn't let her go home in the condition she was in, at least not on her own, and surely she would know that as well.

Cat felt a bit nervous all of a sudden now that he decides to think about it. He would love to show Ladybug his real identity, but what if she knew who he really was, would she still keep working with him, as in still be his partner of justice? If she could trust him with her secret, then he would trust her with his, and accepting him for who he was, that thought, was both joyful but yet he still feared the out come. If only she knew.